“Faultless service, superb hotel”

Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We recently held a family gathering at this hotel to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The celebration was wonderful and all of us had a perfect weekend. The staff here are easily worthy of 5 stars & deserve a huge amount of credit, I find it hard to remember when I had such a great experience. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff & there was always someone on hand looking after us. If you are planning an event, celebration or wedding at this hotel you are guaranteed to be very well looked after. The rooms were comfortable and spacious and the bar/lounge area really nice and well maintained. The restaurant is delightful, beautifully done and the food was delicious. I would find it very hard to believe there's a better hotel than this in the area. It was great value too.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

The staff were very professional and friendly, the food was excellent,the room had old timber beams which added to the charm, you got the feeling that you were staying in your very own cozy cottage but you had all the benefits of a hotel.
We would deficiently return and recommend.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

It was a shame to have to leave this pleasant hotel. We were surprised that such a charming place could be under the boring Best Western brand. Thankfully the owners treated their hotel in a personal way. It has lots of character (in a pretty village), all the necessary amenities, friendly staff and was very comfortable. We hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I, in our late 60's now find ourselves able to enjoy frequent short breaks in the UK and abroad. Occasionally we are bitterly dissapointed and occasionally we find a gem. The Wroxton Huse is a gem. The rooms and restuarant were excellent as in many hotels but the staff were outstanding. Pleasant and helpfull at reception, attentive and knowledgeable in the restuarant and smiling "can do" bar staff.
Dinner and breakfast wre much better than many we have had at establishments with lots more stars and gongs. Rarely do we return to a hotel - we shall return to this one.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

This could be the best small hotel in the UK, certainly one of the best we have stayed in. In a beautiful village, and ideal for touring this very historic part of England, close to Oxford, Warwick, Stratford-on-Avon, and the Cotswolds.
Friendly and helpful staff, who provide an exceptional service, comfortable rooms and beds, and really good food. The hotel has recently been renovated, and is light and bright with very tasteful decoration. I usually hesitate to recommend any hotel or restaurant, but have no hesitation in recommending this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I recently stayed at the Wroxton House hotel with my mother and sister for 2 nights and had a very pleasant stay. I must say that I was a little apprehensive before arriving at the hotel as I wasn't sure what to expect. I normally stay in 5 star hotels so dropping to 3 stars was a concern. However the reviews had been very good so I thought I would give it a try.
I was very pleasantly surprised, the hotel was far better than I expected and excellent value for money, £127 for 2 people dinner bed and Breakfast per night.
I couldn't fault the staff, they were all so friendly and looked after us well ensuring that all our needs were met. Everyone made us feel very welcomed from the night porter, receptionists to the restaurant staff.
The bedroom was spotless, recently decorated and far better than some 4 star hotels that I have stayed in. The bed was very comfortable. Only fault was the heat of the room, at night I found the quilts were a lot warmer than I was use to and I didn't manage to get the temperature quite right.
The restaurant was cosy and the food was very good.
I really couldn't fault this hotel for a weekend break, and will certainly recommend it to others and will be going back soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We attended as part of a Motor Club WOTY (Weekend of the Year), some 50 people but there were other groups also staying at the hotel and talking to them as well everone agreed what a great place it was. The rooms were clean and well decorated, the public rooms likewise and the food was delicious, but the main plus was the staff and their attentiveness - nothing was too much trouble. My wife and I hope to return not just for the Cotswolds scenery but for this most excellant hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010