“Beautiful Hotel”

Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Banbury
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Having recently spent a weekend at this hotel I must say that this has to be one of the friendliest hotels that my wife and I have stayed in.
The room was spotless and spacious, the bed was comfortable and facilities excellent.
The staff both at reception and in the restaurant were friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
Food was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast. The hotel was not to far from the picture post card village, a short walk from the hotel
We will definitely return to this hotel, thank you to all the staff for making our stay such a nice time

Room Tip: Ground floor near car park nice and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pompeyduo

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a birthday week-end treat. The hotel is very smart and in one of the most beautiful villages you would ever see, the ultimate chocolate box village !
The staff were first class and very helpful and the rooms had great character.
Unfortunately my meal on the first night was a disaster so much so that I wasn't charged for my meal or wine but I would have preferred to have paid for a good meal. We did find a nice restaurant for the next night, my birthday, a few mile up the road.

Room Tip: We stayed a the cottage which was good
1  Thank djmedia2016
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights here this weekend with our 4 month old boy and two other couples. We were a lot younger than the other guests but if you aren't looking for a young crowd you will really enjoy your stay here. The rooms are comfortable and a good size, and very quiet. The restaurant in the hotel is great, and the hotel itself is a lovely thatched building. The real winner for the hotel are the staff, they are as good as you'll find in 5 star international hotels that charge quadruple the price. All are unfailingly polite, and go out of their way to put you at ease, get to know you and your preferences, and help you enjoy your stay. I was often one of the first to rise to take the baby out for a play and they made sure I had coffee pronto! They also helped with directions and good advice for getting to Oxford and bicester village. I would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Gill S, Owner at Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

What a lovely review, thank you. Hope you enjoyed your retail therapy at Bicester Village which is now one of the biggest attractions in Oxfordshire. I usually plonk my husband in Strabucks for a coffee with the newspaper whilst I enjoy an hour or so!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed for only one night but would've loved to have stayed longer, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in! The food was great but its really the staff at this hotel who are the true stars of the show...friendly and helpful and obviously well trained, a credit to the hotel management .

Room Tip: We had a standard double, perfectly adequate in size for one night but a longer stay may have been b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the team, here at Wroxton. We are fortunate to have great people who really do enjoy their job.......quite rare thes day's!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Cannot fault this hotel for service, to be called by your name by the barman as we had
Pre dinner drinks was what you call service. The food was excellent and with the nibbles
Left no room for a dessert,mores the pity. The room was excellent perhaps a little painting
Was required on windowsills but that was a very minor point. Would reccommend and look
Forward to staying at Wroxton House again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have spent more than a few nights at this hotel and have never had anything but a good experience. The staff are friendly and welcoming.

I would highly recommend dining in the restaurant. The food is delicious!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was my second visit with my partner to this hotel. The rooms and service are exquisite. My partner is a vegetarian and the chef was more than happy to prepare him a special meal whilst my dishes were delicious too. The staff were so attentive and friendly they met our every need and were all so cheerful about their work. I will definitely recommend this to everyone I know and hope to stay there again soon. Thanks to all the staff for a most memorable stay.

Room Tip: Room four is on the corner and beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbury
Mercure Banbury Whately Hall Hotel
#2 of 44 in Oxford
Deddington Arms Hotel
Deddington Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Deddington

Been to Best Western Plus Banbury Wroxton House Hotel? Share your experiences!