“Yet again the Sheesh serves up a superb meal”
Review of Sheesh Mahal

Sheesh Mahal
Ranked #49 of 193 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sheesh Mahal is an award-winning Indian restaurant set in the heart of Banbury, Oxfordshire.Offering a memorable and sophisticated dining experience, our chefs are inspired by traditional Indian recipes dating back centuries. We pride ourselves on creating dishes to tempt and reward the taste buds.Led by proprietor Mohammad Khalid, our mission is to provide you with an experience that makes a meal in the Sheesh Mahal an extraordinarily special occasion.Using only the freshest and most authentic ingredients, each meal is an individual work of gastronomic art, capturing the wonderfully vibrant and exquisite flavours of Asia.There is ample free parking available for Sheesh Mahal customers at the back of the restaurant (Crouch Street).
Clifton, United Kingdom
“Yet again the Sheesh serves up a superb meal”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had yet again a superb meal at this restaurant last night.. The quality of food was excellent enhanced by fresh herbs from Mr Khalid's famous herb garden growing right outside the front of the restaurant- the evening smell of herbs is delightful . His staff are so attentive and Mr Khalid is so welcomimg and generous.
I have eaten Indian food worldwide during my business and holiday trips but the Sheesh surpasses them all- and it's right on my doorstep!
The prices are good and the table layouts and service are crisp and clean.
I would thoroughly recommend this excellent restaurant

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Limp Popadoms”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Although the main meals were very nice the popadoms were limp and the nan bread was stale. We found this really off-putting and would probably avoid the restaurant in the future. We also found the decor to be dated and the restaurant to lack warmth (in terms of atmosphere and temperature).

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank EmmaMark_11
Mohammed K, Owner at Sheesh Mahal, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we do appreciate your feedback. Given the opportunity we would have replaced any part of your meal which fell below your expectations. We pride ourselves on high quality and apologise if your popadoms and nan were not satisfactory on this occasion. We would very much like to invite you back to the restaurant and will give you popadoms, a starter and a bottle of wine with our compliments.
Banbury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Revitalised after bad experience in an Indian Restaurant yes in Banbury”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have recently had a very bad experience in Banbury at an Indian restaurant, I had given up after this but yesterday (25th April 2012) my partner treated me to an Indian meal Oh in Banbury. I first declined, do the experience! When I told her about the problem I had within Banbury she assured me (my wife) that this Indian was where her and her friends go when they are out and about.
I relented and took a chance; well I can tell you the food this time was brilliant, service second to none, price- reasonable, cleanliness good the toilets very clean, in all one of the best Indian meals I have ever had. I defiantly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Well done to the Manager and his Staff. Go see for yourself well worth it…………………….

Banbury
“Paul W”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Sheesh Mahal is simply the best indian restaurant in Banbury , Khalid and his staff always give a warm welcome . The food is top quality , served with care and in pleasent surroundings .
Try it , you will not be disappointed .

• Visited April 2012
“Awesome traditional Indian cuisine that cannot be beaten in Banbury and surrounding areas”
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I have tried all the Indian restaurants in Banbury over the years, but the sheesh mahal are head & shoulders above the others. The authentic cuisine is fresh, tasty and delicious. In my book that cannot be beaten. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous especially the manager.