“The best meal I have ever had”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have never felt compelled to write a review for a restaurant before but after having my birthday meal at the Red Lion last night I simply had to write to say how seriously impressed I was. I have eaten at the Red Lion a number of times before and always thoroughly enjoyed it, but the food produced last night for our party of 5 was exceptional. A number of us had the fillet of Buckby beef with red wine and port sauce, blue cheese hash brown and rib fritters with shallot puree and it was simply delicious. The beef was cooked to absolute perfection and I cant wait to return to have it again! Huge compliments to the chefs and the fantastic waiting staff. Cant wait to visit again to try the pork and chorizo mash!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were staying in the area and decided last minute to eat out. We rang and were told they were very busy but if we came at 8.30 they would try to fit us in. When we arrived we were shown straight to a table. The bright and bubbly waitresses (Lucy and Julia) attended our every need. We were made to feel very welcome and our food ordered efficiently. The food was cooked to an exceptional standard and everyone in our party was delighted. The atmosphere was welcoming and warm, the restaurant clean and tidy. My dessert was burnt and was replaced immediately but apart from that it was a superb dining experience and I would not hesitate in recommending the Red Lion to anyone.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited the Red Lion this week for lunch with friends. It was busy as usual but the food quality was lower than on previous visits. The humous wasn't very nice in the starter, the salad to accompany the main course was black in parts of the lettuce and not appetising. THe burgers and fish finger stack were not very good. Maybe we went on bad day but it did seem that standards had dropped........very disappointed!,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just love eating at the Red Lion, the food has never once let us down and is always truly divine! Justin and his team are very creative and come up with some quirky takes on 'normal' food. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed, just make sure you book in advance as they are very popular and if you hope for a table at the weekend, you MUST book in advance.The staff are always friendly and helpful (choices between meals is very hard!!!)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We wanted to meet family in the area for lunch on Easter Sunday and chose the Red Lion after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. What an excellent choice. It was a lovely little village pub with a really nice dining room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We all enjoyed the Sunday roasts, there was plenty of meat and a good selection of vegetables. Desserts were lovely too. I'm only sorry it isn't a bit nearer to home!

1  Thank jazzyjill_uk