“Traditional Pub Grub...but something was missing”

The Honey Pot Harvester
Ranked #66 of 143 Restaurants in Basildon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At The Honey Pot Harvester in Basildon food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Basildon, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Laindon, Wickford and Pitsea, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here on a Sunday evening, arrived at about 6.30pm and without booking we were seated as soon as we arrived (party of 2), however we seemed to jump the queue as others had to wait in the bar before being seated.

Service was slow, we sat for 10-15 minutes waiting for our waitress to attend to take our drinks order (and by that time we just ordered our food too). There was no help yourself to the salad bar though before she whipped off not to be seen again until she brought us drinks another 10 minutes later. thankfully as we had used harvesters before we just cracked on with the salad bar.

Food arrived and it was ok, not the best i've had at a harvester, there was something missing and i can't put my finger on what that was. choc fudge cake for desert was a little dry and there was not enough choc sauce for my liking.

the unlimited drinks machine was like playing russian roulette as the taps weren't labelled - never good when you try to get a pepsi and you end up pouring lemonade.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

i no what im going to have before im seated anothe great harvester clean good food, service and a nice clean salad bar

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Myself and three others, including a five year old child, visited this restaurant on a Sunday. It was relatively busy and there was a wait for a table but we were advised of this as we came in, so it was an informed decision to wait. We were seated, around the time that was advised to us. We ordered our meals and waited an extraordinarily long time for them. Had we been told that there was a twenty five minute wait for a table and then close to an hours wait for food, we would have reconsidered our choice of venue but this information was not communicated to us early. The meals that were brought out were cold in parts, were, in my opinion, undercooked and when I asked about the fact that a lamb chop was pink inside, was advised that they often are served that way and are pink when the meat is close to the bone. I don't feel that this was entirely acceptable but I may be misinformed. That aside, because three of the four meals had numerous issues with cold food and undercooked peas etc, the first manager offered us replacements in 'no more than five minutes' which turned out to be nearer fifteen. The replacement meals were hot and edible but the child and the other adult accompanying us had to then wait while we ate our meals. In total, out visit here for something to eat took three hours from start to finish. A sharing side I ordered with garlic bread etc was very nice. I would guess that a part of our meals wasn't ready and therefore, the rest had stood and waitied whilst the last component was cooked but this is purely a guess. One particular manager was flawless in handling of our complaint. He gave us a swift resolution and diffused the situation entirely, very quickly and I have to say, we were more than adequately compensated for the poor experience. However, that said, whilst he was a 'gem' in a sea of not so shiny staff, I wouldn't recommend this particular venue to anyone on the basis of the food. I would rather have had a good meal and paid in full for it, than the frustration and annoyance that accompanied my meal. As an incidental observation (i had plenty of time to look around) I noticed that none of the staff in our section seemed 'efficient', they seemed in the majority to meander around rather than 'bustling'. There were several other tables that had to ask and re-ask for cutlery changes, drinks that had been ordered, sauces that had been forgotten etc and when you get dessert they may provide you with a teaspoon rather than a sunday spoon but that's just me being picky...

2  Thank C F
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited the Basildon Honeypot Harvester in the early evening of February 14th. We were seated straight away by a friendly waiter. The Harvester menu is standard wherever you go and provides a good choice of dishes at a fair price. Our meals were served promptly and efficiently, and were well cooked and tasty. Compared to some other Harvester restaurants we have visited this one seemed cleaner and quieter. It's situated in Basidon's Festival Leisure Park so there is plenty of free parking outside. We combined our trip here with visiting Hollywood Bowl and the Empire Cinema - both about three minutes walk away. You can visit the Harvester just for a drink - it has a separate bar area, it also does take away meals. If I was in the area again I would certainly consider returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've visited this pub a fair amount in recent years, through lack of choice and "just for a drink''. Dont think there's ever been a bar person with personality work there, and you can be wating for ages with no ''wont keep you a moment sir/madam''. There is obviously no experience needed, as the staff are like clones even if you had 2 visits 2 years apart.