“Not the best harvester!”

The Five Bells Harvester
Ranked #76 of 136 Restaurants in Basildon
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At The Five Bells Harvester in Basildon food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
London, United Kingdom
“Not the best harvester!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I usually eat at the harvester restaurant chain but sadly the 5 bells restaurant was quiet a disappointment. The service was slow although felt sorry for the waitress rushed off her feet! The food was luke warm and must have been left under th heater for a long time! The salad cart was mostly empty as well and I went back about 15 mins later and the food was still empty. Really disappointed with this visit and would recommend the harvester at the crown Langdon hills!

• Visited March 2013
Harvester_Restaurant, Public Relations Manager at The Five Bells Harvester, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We were sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit, and we really appreciate the feedback you have given us.
Thank you.

“Always excellent”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my husband and 3 children, as usual service excellent and the food delicious would definatly recommend.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your kind feedback following your recent visit to our Restaurant.
Best regards
London, England, United Kingdom
“Truly Awful!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant with our two teenage children. I would firstly agree with the other customer who remarked that the building is cold. I started with the tomato and basil soup, which proved to be tasteless. My main meal was a cheeseburger with fries. It was truly bland. Other meals were poorly presented and one of the children claimed that their meals was cold. The staff did their best but expectations are clearly low in this establishment. The salad bar was reasonable and the bread rolls were good. The restaurant looks shabby. Our table was scratched beyond repair and the standard of cleanliness was unsatisfactory. I really hate leaving a negative review but this eating experience is one that I want to forget. I will not be visiting a Harvester again!

• Visited April 2013
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Five Bells Harvester, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Do you think you could you email us at harvester.reviews@gmail.com so that we can get our Guest Services Department to contact you directly?

Essex
“Helpful Waitress”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped off here on way home from a day out with boyfriend and his mother. The restaurant was very busy (Easter Monday) and we were told there was approx 35 minute wait for a table but we decided to wait and managed to find a seat in the bar and had drinks. We were seated for dining after about 30mins. The waitress was busy rushing about but was very helpful and polite. The salad bar was nice and fresh, I think because the restaurant was busy it was regularly restocked. My boyfriend had a burger, I had scampi and chips and mum had grilled chicken. We were all pleased with our meals and too full up to have a dessert.

• Visited April 2013
Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to The Five Bells.

Best regards
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Shocking”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited here for lunch today. I will NOT be returning again ever! Had my partner and step daughter with me, firstly attemped to order my step daughter 2 portions of chicken dippers on one of their kids meal deals, was told she couldnt have 2 portions of chicken dippers but could have 1 portion and 1 portion of something else... approached the very young and inexperienced manager and his response can only be described as arrogant aggressive and very very stroppy. He got aggressive with me infront of my family and other customers.... clearly customer service is not his strong point. I then attempted to order a burger only to be told they had no burgers left (at 1pm on a busy lunchtime) again excellent management. Overall a shocking experience and one i do not care to repeat. Avoid at all costs

• Visited February 2013