“Perfect family house - home from home”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
five5Esse...
Essex
“Perfect family house - home from home”
Reviewed January 2, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This was the ideal home to use whilst we were home for the Xmas holidays. Spacious with everything you need. The host Jayne is generous with her advice and time and the basket of goodies was a lovely touch.
Good location close to a large supermarket and Basildon town centre is not far.
Lovely garden, although we didn't use it as was freezing cold.
Only negative was the bedding, felt a little old and the pillows were very uncomfortable. Really only something minor and wouldn't have put us off staying there. Thank you Jayne!

Jan 12, 2018
Hi Jo, thanks for this great review. The pillows were new last summer and are a well know brand. I will try to offer alternatives to ensure that all tastes are catered for as they do in hotels. I will replace the bedding.
OnAir7309...
“A prefect venue for a hen weekend!”
Reviewed September 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Jayne offered very good customer care throughout and always answered questions swiftly, offering assistance at every step of the way.

The house and garden are amazing and much bigger than I thought it would be. Our group of 12 had plenty of space. The house is very well equipped with a large dining area and lounge. An added bonus is the huge conservatory. We enjoyed alfresco dining too on the deck where there is a fire pit and bbq.

The bedrooms are huge, and two have ensuite, plus there is a large family bathroom.

Overall, the house is very well equipped.

I can't recommend it enough!

Sep 12, 2017
Many thanks Emily for this great review. It was good to have you and your group to stay. I hope the wedding goes well.
Sam T
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay but owners family home”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed here in July/August 2017 with my parents and had a lovely break spending lots of quality time together but I must point out that we were very shocked when we arrived at the house to find a car on the drive stuffed full of boxes and clothes and then once we had entered the house we realised that it was actually their own home that they live in on a daily basis and that they had moved out for the week that we were there. At no point during the booking was I made aware of this and so it was a total shock for us all. Because it was their own home storage space was limited with only 2 drawers in each bedroom to put clothes in and the loft bedroom had none!! There were however rails to hang clothes on. Once we had got our head around this we settled in and were very happy for our stay. I must also point out that there were 7 of us in total and that the description states that there is lounge seating for 9 and dining seating for 8 (our reason for choosing this house). The kitchen table seats 6 and there are 4 stools up at the breakfast bar, so we couldn't all sit together to have breakfast!! The lounge has a 3 and a 2 seater sofa so seating for 5 with 4 seats in the conservatory which totals 9 but we obviously wanted to all sit together in the one room for the evening and so some had to sit on the floor!! The only other thing that I must point out is the bed in the main bedroom was extremely creaky, both my husband and I slept terribly whilst we were there as every small movement made the loudest creak!! We really did have a lovely stay though and were very comfortable in the house but I would have liked to have been pre-warned that it was their family home.

Sep 9, 2017
I am glad you had a lovely stay and were comfortable in the house. The very low rate for renting a large house with excellent facilities that you would not normally get in a house that is purely a holiday home is the advantage of us renting out the house in school holidays as many people do. There are many toys and dvds etc that large groups enjoy. Plus you were able to bring a dog to enjoy the large garden. I will amend the details to make it clear it is a family home in term time.
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed January 10, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Sep 12, 2017
Many thanks for this great review, Debbie. It was a pleasure to host you and your family.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing