“King Size Beds!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Los Angeles, CA
“King Size Beds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This selection was all about location, location, location. There was a B&B closer, but they only offered double beds. Queen I could live with, King is even better.

Otherwise, it's much nicer than I would have expected for the price. Very clean. The only complaint is that the entrance midway down the hall is alarmed, so I had to walk all the way to the end to get out and then walk all the way back to get to the car. If the door opened, it would save a lot of time and steps.

The restaurant next door is pretty good, and pretty busy too. My local friend knew exactly where we were staying, as he eats at the place fairly often.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tilbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have to say the the hotel stay was pretty much faultless, comfortable room with all the necassary services (wi-fi etc). My only critism of the room would be the lack of a decent shower. Staff were friendly and knowledgable. Resturant attached to the site is very good. Staff could not do enough to help and the food was good although the selection was a little weak.

An all round good experience - would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Book the resturant in advance if staying at the weekend, it got very busy (Friday night)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Good location, good welcome, clean and comfortable. Handy restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take great pride in delivering our Guest Promise to each and every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I decided to stay at Basildon south after Festival Park was full, I was at a swimming event at Basildon holiday village, and travelling on my own.
I must say the service I was given in the Haywain Restaurant was excellent, as a female travelling alone, you dont want to be hanging around between courses and It was very busy that evening, but all staff effiecient and food was also good, and the Meal deal was good value.
I had a comfortable room, quiet hotel with no noisy guests, it is next to a busy road,but it didnt keep me awake, I shall return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Alberta Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our second stay at this Premier Inn, the previous time 10 years ago. With an overnight stay near relatives on our south England "whirlwind tour" (third Premier Inn of the trip), it seemed the obvious choice. Easy to get to and great location for us. The quality, comfort, friendlines and value were still the same -- first rate.This time we had a family room, and as with the other two Premier Inns the size and layout of the room was great. A queen bed for my wife and I and a single bed for our daughter. The shower was the best of our trip! The Haywain Beefeater next door was very good, we hadn't booked a table but were seated (6 of us) within minutes. Food was excellent. Breakfast was a little slow, and my order was mixed up with someone else's, but I can't fault the quality. On to our final Premier Inn after a quick drive to Brighton.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are great, as the hotel is far enough off the A13.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Basildon1, Cluster General Manager at Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn - sounds like you had a busy few days! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Stevenage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed over Easter for a family wedding. Customer service excellent, rooms comfortable and clean. Food in the Haywain was good, but there were a number of noisy children, however I do recognise that children's behaviour is not the hotel's responsibility! Good location, easy to get to, even though the satnav sent us to the next roundabout and back on ourselves!

Room Tip: Car park rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I will pass on your compliments to our team - they always strive to do their very best for every guest. We hope the Wedding went well, and that you had a great time there too!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels (usually 2-3 nights a week) and this one stood out for customer service.

I had problems in my room (these things happen) but the staff did a great job in sorting my problems and get 10/10 for that alone.

Breakfast in the Haywain next door was however noisy with an excessively loud radio one morning

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GalaxyMen
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. At Premier Inn, we strive to do our very best to exceed our guests' expectations. I am glad that in this case our team members were able to help you,and I will pass on your comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Basildon in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horndon-on-the-Hill
Orsett Hall
Orsett Hall
#1 of 1 in Orsett

Been to Premier Inn Basildon South Hotel? Share your experiences!