“Every town should have one.”
Review of Taco Bell

Taco Bell
Ranked #36 of 141 Restaurants in Basildon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Love this food. Had it in the U.S and wish i had one in my town. So have to come to basildon. More Taco bells please!

There are newer reviews for Taco Bell

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I eat in the Basildon Taco Bell whenever I am in the town. Its delicious! I love the Burritos. I normally have the Cheesy Melt or one of the other main ones. I also have the paprika fries and taco for the side. Its delicious! Another benefit is that the drinks with any meal is refillable! Its amazing.

The staff are fantastic and so friendly. I know some of the employees by name just from going there a lot - and they are always friendly and natural. Some even know my order off by heart! Its a great place to have a lunch.

Also, the loyalty card scheme is fantastic. I have had many a free product from Taco Bell due to the loyalty card - starting with a taco and then ending in a whole meal with nachos and other snacks inbetween.

Its hard to fault. It really is not worth eating anywhere else in Basildon Town Centre - whether on a shopping trip, or passing by.

1  Thank Cheachy
Reviewed June 10, 2013

this one and the lakeside one are great simple typical tacobell, home food for me,
cheaper than chips and i know they are new, but wish it was more like the ones back in the states...

its so sooo close!! but not like the real thing!! give me gorditas and challupas!!! fix the churro's!!! they are waaaay to crispy with no cinnamon or sugar on them here... it makes no sense!!! but thank the little chihuaua that taco bell is here!!!!!!!!!!!
4 hard beef 2 soft chicken and a bean burrito please!!!
ps stop trying to fit in with english culture with chips!!!! it doesnt make sense!!!!
the pulled pork taco salad was wicked!! needed more meat but for 5 quid im not complaining!!!
you've made a homesick american very very happy!!

1  Thank mr69er
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

An integration of culture is full steam ahead with the baby step franchising of Taco Bell in Essex. These two standalone food courts have come about from a trial by KFC UK, and can I thank them enough?! I love Taco Bell in the States has the liquid cheese quesidella and Doritos tacos, Americans consider it to be the ultimate take away- I think? However the UK version is much different, different in a positive way... The meat seems to be of a very good quality in comparison to the US and although this is 'fast food' the menu offers really versatile food packed full of fresh flavour, slowcooked meat vegetables, beans and rice. Taco Bell represents excellent value for money with 3 x single menu items for £2 or many meals for around a fiver, main meals you will struggle to finish as the wraps and tacos are very filling. I don't want Taco Bell Uk to sink as long John silvers and Wendy's did here. I believe Taco Bell has a sustainable future and need to branch out to more London suburbs. Croydon is a long drive to Lakeside for food!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Tried this place, falling for all the overhyped recommendations. The tacos I tried were very disappointing, with a rather mean filling.
The order process is so confusing too. Why you cant just order and be served is beyond me. I am not a fan of the pay-here-collect-there culture by any means.
Staff were pleasant, but to be honest, this is not a place to which I would ever return.
Its overpriced fast food.
Very disappointing.