“Awesome- Best pancakes ever!”
Review of Roadhouse The Diner - CLOSED

Roadhouse The Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run American Diner.We believe we are one of a kind! We offer a variety of authentic foods from the USA. You wont believe your eyes when you see it!Our motto here at the Roadhouse is that "no-one leaves hungry!" I can assure you, YOU WONT! We believe that the high quality of our food is what sets us apart from our competitors! We also have a wide range of milkshakes and again. Once a month the Roadhouse holds their very own, Man-V-Food style challenge. Pop on down to the Diner that puts U in the USA!
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Visited the Roadhouse for the first time this evening. I had an chilli dog which was really good and absolutely huge, husband got the the Denver burger (also huge). Normally he can clear his plate but even he had to throw in the towel. Service was great and when we told the owner about our love of pancakes he even cooked us up a small plate just so we could try them (and didnt charge us!!), which was very nice of him. Pancakes were unbelievably good- apparently made with the proper American mix. Would def recommend and have even planned our next visit already :-) Also loved the proper American Root Beer- which is hard to find anywhere else. We left, two full to burst but very satisfied customers.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited RoadHouse yesterday and if im honest I was blown away from what I had expected. I had driven past this place a few times and never really thought about going in. However after searching for an American restaurant on this site, Roadhouse was number 1 for our area so we decided to try it. When we arrived the was one group of people in the restaurant who were just finishing so we were a bit apprehensive to begin with. The staff were very friendly and the owner was very helpful when we question parts of the menu. Once the food came out we were blown away from how nice it was, and the bbq (which we later found was homemade) was probably the best one I have ever had. My girlfriend ordered the omelette mess and I agree with everyone on here, you don't need chips!!!. I had the burger and it was lovely although next time I think I will try the ribs. The portion sizes are huge, staff are great and I cant recommend it enough

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Denver Cowboy burger was taller than my glass - awesome! My son absolutely loved his seriously large hot dog and for probably the first time I've seen in a restaurant cleared his plate despite it being the same size as mine and additionally covered in fries and garlic bread. My daughter attacked a whole chicken with two sides, whilst my niece took out a chilli dog and sampled everyone else's meals. My sister cleared out a hot dog with onions and enough fries to feed a developing nation. I didn't pay too much attention to prices and mentally had a figure for the meal in my head which I was stunned to find came in £25 cheaper. Can't compliment the staff enough, we strolled in at 7:15PM and I noticed that the sign on the door said closes at 8PM. When I enquired about that I was told that we were welcome as long as we wanted to stay - refreshingly different attitude to customer service.
Top people and top, top food! Freshly made on the premises and not a horse in sight (although they do have a tank which my son got a tour of) :)

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

2nd time back and once again a fantastic meal. Had the ribs and chips myself. The ribs hung over the plate and were fantastic. Great service again and my kids love this place. My daughters want to come back every night. Waffles were superb for dessert. This place is a must.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Was quite disapointed as had such good reviews. The BBQ chicken wings were nice and the onion rings also had a nice taste however the rings were from frozen,as too perfect a circle to be home made. My Prawn skewer was also from frozen prawns and just about ok.
Mains were a nice size with lots of fries I had steak which was cooked just how I ordered it; however no spice or seasoning added and the sweet corn was also frozen and tasteless. 10inch hot dogs were only 8inch and barely tepid. The owner was very apologetic and did not charge for the hot dog that was too cold and got replaced. My main gripe was that this was supposed to be a US Diner; Well Im afraid that the staff was not in the same league as the US with not much interation with the clients - ( only four tables being used in the restaurant whilst we were there) no asking if we wanted drinks refills, or more coffee. We did not order Dessert (which meant they lost out on takings) as they did not have all the selections listed on their menu.

1  Thank reydan92
Roadhousethediner, Owner at Roadhouse The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I am sorry your visit was not as great as we would like it to be.
As discussed on your visit, I have changed the way we serve sweetcorn, which will now be "on the cob" and gridle cooked.
The prawns are frozen as are the onion rings purely due to time restarints on prep and cooking.
I accept your point with regard to your steak being unseasoned and I have instructed the staff to ask in future how customers would like there steak seasoned as well as how they would like it cooked.
I do hope we will see you again and that we will get the opportunity to rectify, what appears to be some elementary mistakes
Regards