“Top Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I love The Dil Tandoori and can only say great things about it. The portions are very big and the food is delicious. I had the lamb tikka with pilau rice and my daughter had the chicken tikka masla with pilau rice and my husband had the vegetable curry with chicken byriani. My lamb was gorgeous and the rice really tasty. My daughters masala was the best ive tasted and my husband loved his byriani. The keeman bread was perfect too. But be warned the cauliflower and mushroom bargee are really hot and spicy !!! Excellent resturant and takeaway.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Seven of us went for a family celebration and we all found dishes to suit our individual tastes. You can really taste the freshness of the ingredients and they have a good variety of unusual curries on offer in addition to the traditional ones. The waiters are very friendly, and only too happy to explain any items on the menu you may be unfamiliar with, which gave me a chance to try something different without worrying I might not like it. You have to take your own alcohol if you want any, but they happily provide glasses without any extra charges. Portion sizes are very generous in the restaurant, and take-away portions are even bigger! I always expect a high standard from any restaurant I visit, and with the Dil I wasn't disappointed. I really couldn't fault it, which is unusual for me! It'd definitely my new "regular" without a doubt.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have been going to the Dil since it opened, and love the food. It is tasty, hotter sometimes than other places so check if you do not like your food spicy hot.

Cannot fault the food but the service is poor. We have been several times and have found the service to be rude. The food is delivered with no attempt to engage in any type of customer service. It is taken away very quickly so make sure you have finished before they take it away.

Much of this is due to the fact that it is always busy and the food is good. But over the years the service has deteriorated. It was a friendly and small restaurant with great food. Now just small with great food.

If you live close by I would order a delivery, or get a takeaway.