“I need a bigger plate................”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Ranked #8 of 136 Restaurants in Basildon
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Basildon, United Kingdom
“I need a bigger plate................”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This Chinese buffet restaurant is inside the entrance to the cinema on Basildon Fesival Leisure (follow the brown road signs!) and is exactly what I expected; an "all you can eat" buffet meal at a fixed price, dependant not only on the time of day, but also day of the week. The clue is in the location, the place is bound to be full of families when it's a wekend or school hols! IT'S NEXT TO THE CINEMA, use some common sense and don't go there for a quiet romantic meal when the latest Disney blockbuster has just been released and the kids are off school!
However, you get what you pay for, there is ample selection, it's good quality and the drinks prices are reasonable, and there's a licenced bar. The place is clean, tidy and the staff seem to work non-stop. Good value for money, and despite the title of this review, I didn't need a bigger plate, I just used the same plate twice! And the desert bowl, lovely little profiteroles!!

• Visited December 2012

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Noisy, uncomfortable, Certainly not a relaxing meal.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

When we visited the restaurant was half full, but from the noise, kids running amock and screaming, and folk barging past you to get at the food, you would have thought it was over full.They really need to install some acoustic boards to deaden the racket.

Like the nando's next door, the core customers are kids eating pre-cinema so I suppose they make their money on that.

The food was too greasy for our taste and everything seemed to be sitting in oil, the crispy duck was the best thing there but wasnt crispy and it was strange having Hoisin sauce in ketchup dispensers. If you enjoy Chinese food and want a nice meal....go to your local takeaway!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank stugrmi
southend
“nice buffet”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

came here with friends, we all enjoyed ourselves. food was nice, it's what you expect from a buffet some items were really tasty. would come back here again soon.

• Visited July 2012
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Quick & Cheap”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great fast clean up service and the food for the price is very good, I like it now that they have included a better dessert selection

Visited July 2012
1 Thank stmoritz1960
West Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable buffet!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

“All you can eat for a fixed price 7 days a week”. The price depends on which day of the week you visit. I went on a Tuesday lunchtime, so paid £7.50 for my buffet meal. Although I’ve enjoyed Chinese buffet meals before, the range of food on offer has been somewhat limited. So, this was a very pleasant surprise: a good choice of food items; quality – high. For my second helping I thought I’d try the Tepanyaki Bar where I chose beef slices, mushrooms and egg noodles. I handed them over to the Tepanyaki Chef and watched as he cooked them in front me finishing with a generous dash of soy sauce. Delicious! Finally, I thought I’d try a trio of taster sized desserts: Mango Jelly, Coconut Jelly and Strawberry Cheesecake. Lovely! Now a word about the staff and service. Our drinks order was taken soon after we were seated and brought almost immediately! Tables were kept clean, dirty dishes collected regularly. Staff were polite and courteous and went about their tasks diligently, and, dare I say, they seemed to enjoy working at aroma. Note: people were arriving up to 30 minutes before the end of the lunchtime period! Altogether a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited October 2012