Arriving after a 300 mile drive, the last of which involved a very congested M25 on a Friday evening, I recieved a very friendly and efficient reception, the words of which though familiar, were not delivered automaton style. A personal welcome including a question as to whether it was my first visit and offering help and local information. Efficient transaction of payment on arrival and no problem in noting the small differences to my original on line booking.
The room I had was as often happens to me, over the entrance to the hotel and I was therefore in a position to keep an eye on my estate car which had stuff in it which I did not need or wish to offload. The car park being shared with the adjacent Harvester Grill, was quite full and few spaces were available. An early afternoon arrival would not have experienced this slight problem. The hotel is very conveniently placed on the A127 junction at Rayleigh Weir. Noise from the road is minimal even with the windows open.(It was hot and humid). Temperature of the spacious family room I occupied was pleasant and an electric fan was provided for the eventuality of a heatwave. Freeview television was available and wifi(30mins free) at £3 for 24hrs unlimited use was convenient for my internet radio.and laptop. The shower/toilet room layout was bigger than the Ibis style module one finds these days. The layout was reminiscent of HolidayInnExpress with a two position toilet door. More pillows than I need were available for the king size double bed.Sleep quality was excellent and I awoke refreshed and ready for the choice of full breakfast or the usual range of choice cereals, pastries fruit etc. Fresh coffee and (do-it-yourself tea). Service was efficient and attentive and the meal freshly cooked. This the best Premier I have stayed in and although not at the cheapest room rate, it was good value. If you need to in the area of Southend, Benfleet, Canvey Island or Basilidon, I would recommend the Premier Inn Rayleigh Weir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City sights or seaside charm? Get the best of both with Premier Inn Hotel Basildon Rayleigh, right between buzzing Basildon and Southend-on-Sea. And if you're here to work, we're close to key business destinations like the Lawn conference centre, too. Escape the office and stroll along Southend seafront. Get sporty - play a round at Hanover golf club or go for gold at Basildon Sporting Village. Catch a show, a film or a game of laser tag at Rayleigh Megazone. After a busy day, unwind in our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and extra-comfy beds. Directions: From the M25 exit at Junction 29 onto the A127 towards Southend. After approximately 13 Miles exit at the Rayleigh Weir junction from the A129 to Rayleigh. Go straight over two sets of traffic lights and take the first left turn. For Tom-Tom Sat Nav appliances please enter post code SS6 7XJ. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: SS6 7XJ Hotel Parking: Free on-site parking is available at this hotel. Transport and local information: Thamesway Bus Service 3 Miles Basildon Train Station 9.1 Miles, Pitsea Train Station 5.6 Miles, Wickford Train Station 5.6 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel Basildon
- Holiday Inn Basildon
- Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel Essex