“Don't stay there at a weekend”

Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I booked into this hotel for two nights as we were attending a wedding in Leigh on Sea. We travelled down on Friday from Scarborough and arrived at around 10pm. We had an uneventful continental breakfast which was fairly average and left to spend the day at the wedding. I must say the staff were very helpful and I had no issues with them. Saturday evening we decided to have a meal at the Harvester which was quite poor quality and then retired for a good nights rest as we had a long drive the following day. The noise from other rooms was appalling with guests having shouting matches using the most appalling language. I have stayed at the Basildon Campanile previously and had a great meal, good service and a pleasant night. If this is sort of night I can expect at a Premier Inn I won't be going back in a hurry.

Room Tip: Don't stay there at a weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for a Sunday and Monday night in September, we were welcomed by a very pleasant receptionist who explained everything about their `goodnights sleep' policy. Our room was very clean and comfortable as was the bed, we both slept very well. All the staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. We ate at the Beefeater pub next door one evening which was o.k. We will stay here again if we can get it at the right price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you were welcomed by a pleasant receptionist and polite staff throughout your stay. I am glad you had a great nights sleep whilst staying with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable.

For future reservations, the cheapest way of booking is through our Premier Inn website.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Some family and I stayed here in September 2013 for 1 night.

The hotel is very easy to find and has a good location. Plus it's close to a petrol garage and local Tesco's. The hotel and Beefeater are joined together on the same site, which is ideal to pop across for a drink and some food.

The service was very good throughout our stay. We had 1 slight issue when we noticed the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, but straight away the cleaner came and apologised personally and it was resolved.
Aside from that the hotel was very clean! The rooms were a good size, well-equipped and comfortable. We had a twin which was a double bed (as per double rooms) with a single bed on the side which would normally be a sofa. There were a selection of pillows available.
The bathroom was good too with a bath and very powerful shower.

Overall, if I was staying over in the area and needed a hotel, I'd definitely stay here!
Especially as the other Premier Inn nearby is Festival Leisure and liable to be noisy - this was very quiet!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location good and our rooms to be clean. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of the bathroom. I will feedback your comments to our housekeeping depart, to avoid such incident re-occurring, I am glad this was resolved quickly for you though.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent 9 nights in Basildon at the Premier Inn as my daughter lives local and we were visiting from Australia. I was fortunate or unfortunate to get a booking as all the other hotels were booked out. I found the room claustrophobic, and with my wife we had little room to move around.
The room was clean and serviced, we booked the full breakfast daily but it was boring and repetitive. I booked a family meal in response to an sms but when I turned up that evening the restaurant Maitre D' said it was not received. I found the restaurant beef fillet the worst I have had and overpriced for the poor quality but did not complain because of my family. There was no laundry facilities at hand but found out on the 7th day that there was one near. I would never book again except for the odd night, ok for travellers on very short stays.

Room Tip: We were given a room away from the area of the bar restaurant which would have been quiet. The bar a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you found your room to be clean. Please accept my apologies for the quality of food served to you in the restaurant, please be assured I will feedback your comments to the restaurant manager. When making your next booking please give us a call so we can allocate a different room for you on the other side of the building.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Perfectly ok room (yards from a roundabout), staff ok, clean room. Nothing exceptional. Lunch in the Beafeater with a large group not impressive- it was over an hour for food to arrive from ordering for a very standard order on a quiet day and a few dishes not available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked 2 rooms just 30 minutes before arrival and found the receptionist to be extremely courteous and even gave us upgrades. The rooms were spotless!! The staff helped us in hiring a car on a bank holiday Saturday and one of them even took us to the agency in her own car since it was raining heavily. Will definitely not hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Make sure it's the East Mayne Watermill Premiere Inn as there are 4 in Basildon!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and found the staff to be great. I will pass on your feedback to the team member who dropped you off in her car.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It was our daughters engagement party so we needed a bed for the night. Found the room spotlessly clean although very small my husband and I kept tripping over one another, bathroom spotless but on the small side. Staff friendly, breakfast average but it did the job for what we wanted and only minutes away from my daughters house. At least we know its there now. Room was very warm and overlooked the roundabout and busy main road. Will ask for another room next time. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms spotlessly clean and staff friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island
The Chichester Hotel
The Chichester Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wickford

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel? Share your experiences!