“Good for a night but not for longer stays”

Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Sydney, Australia
“Good for a night but not for longer stays”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent 9 nights in Basildon at the Premier Inn as my daughter lives local and we were visiting from Australia. I was fortunate or unfortunate to get a booking as all the other hotels were booked out. I found the room claustrophobic, and with my wife we had little room to move around.
The room was clean and serviced, we booked the full breakfast daily but it was boring and repetitive. I booked a family meal in response to an sms but when I turned up that evening the restaurant Maitre D' said it was not received. I found the restaurant beef fillet the worst I have had and overpriced for the poor quality but did not complain because of my family. There was no laundry facilities at hand but found out on the 7th day that there was one near. I would never book again except for the odd night, ok for travellers on very short stays.

Room Tip: We were given a room away from the area of the bar restaurant which would have been quiet. The bar a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you found your room to be clean. Please accept my apologies for the quality of food served to you in the restaurant, please be assured I will feedback your comments to the restaurant manager. When making your next booking please give us a call so we can allocate a different room for you on the other side of the building.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Perfectly ok room (yards from a roundabout), staff ok, clean room. Nothing exceptional. Lunch in the Beafeater with a large group not impressive- it was over an hour for food to arrive from ordering for a very standard order on a quiet day and a few dishes not available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Gwann, Malta
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked 2 rooms just 30 minutes before arrival and found the receptionist to be extremely courteous and even gave us upgrades. The rooms were spotless!! The staff helped us in hiring a car on a bank holiday Saturday and one of them even took us to the agency in her own car since it was raining heavily. Will definitely not hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Make sure it's the East Mayne Watermill Premiere Inn as there are 4 in Basildon!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and found the staff to be great. I will pass on your feedback to the team member who dropped you off in her car.

We hope to see you again in the near future.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It was our daughters engagement party so we needed a bed for the night. Found the room spotlessly clean although very small my husband and I kept tripping over one another, bathroom spotless but on the small side. Staff friendly, breakfast average but it did the job for what we wanted and only minutes away from my daughters house. At least we know its there now. Room was very warm and overlooked the roundabout and busy main road. Will ask for another room next time. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms spotlessly clean and staff friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I made a reservation through booking approximately 2 months in advance for a group of 10. I got a call 1 day before my group was to arrive that they were now overbooked and our reservation was canceled. The Premier Inn made no attempt to assist in finding an alternate hotel, instead booking did this for us. Thankfully booking helped out because most hotels were no full. Then on top of it, after our stay at the other hotel, that the Premier Inn charged me for a no show! Fortunately I had both a phone record and emails detailing the fact that they were the ones that canceled the reservation. But even with this they refused to reverse the charges. In all my years of traveling I have never had this situation. The hotel canceled my reservation and I had proof of it but they still charged me for a no show and refused to reverse it after I showed them the proof. Anyhow, booking saved me. They were able to get my money back for me and also charged the hotel for the higher cost of the other hotel we ended up staying at. Although it may be a decent hotel, clearly they need to have better standards for how they deal with their own mistakes. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless you have some insurance that if they decide to cancel your reservation and still charge you, that you can get that back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CheetahCatPrague
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with my family, Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and was pretty spacious. The windows didn't open but we were supplied with a fan which was useful. The Beefeater was nice, Was a bit confused at first as I saw a pub when i entered but later realised that in another section was the proper reastaurant. Breakfast was nice, they took our orders and it was very quiet. We made the most of the 30 minuted free wifi a day which was good. For two nights at £123 it wasn't bad. If you know what to expect from Premier Inn you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your great 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and you found the staff friendly and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Heywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

small room however receptionist was spot on very freindly and very professional
a bad smell lingers from a stream outside. i did not eat here but the food did smell ok.
its 2 miles from festival park were i stayed last time its better trust me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon (Rayleigh) Hotel
#2 of 2 in Wickford
The Oysterfleet Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island

Been to Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel? Share your experiences!