“V small rooms”

Holiday Inn Basildon
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the night of our wedding reception even though we live locally.

Our room was incredibly small and on the 4th floor overlooking the nearby smoking area of the nightclubs.

After going to bed from our party we were kept awake by the noise from the club. when that finally emptied they started emptying the bins. We then thought wed get sime sleep but no....the walls to the rooms were so thin we could hear all of our neighbours 'antics'!!!

After a trip to reception at 4am we were moved to an exec room. much larger and worth the extra £ 10

Reception refunded our stay next morning but I would recommend if you stay here ask for a room away from bars!

Breakfast was good with a nice variety but wont be returning.

1  Thank Jackie B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Basildon, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Jackie K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the outside noise. I am relieved the the hotel refunded your stay to compensate this shortfall. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The place is clean and cheap within Bas Vegas area. So ideal for a night out. The staff are friendly and attentive but I have to say that on the whole do not get excited. I do feel chain hotels could offer more to make a difference.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Chris1967d,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived at the hotel to very friendly staff. The check in lady was very well presented and very polite. We got to our room and needed the bathroom only to find pubic hair hair on the floor!!! The bins also hadn't been emptied from the previous customer. The food was fantastic, such a great choice at breakfast I ate too much :) was a bit disappointed with the room ( what we found in it) as it was my first ever stay in a hotel and it ruined my hopes.

• Stayed: May 2013
KevinCoombes, General Manager at Holiday Inn Basildon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Katiecarl1973

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Basildon. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had with regards to your room, I can assure you that your comments have passed on to my Head housekeeper for her immediate attention. I am pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and do hope that we will see you back at the hotel soon.

Once again thank you for your comments

Regards

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here last night after attending a friends wedding nearby. We initially had quite a few problems with the booking but the management swiftly dealt with this, prior to our stay.
As my title suggests, the staff here are superb, welcoming & helpful, friendly and polite. Their customer service skills are of a far higher class than the hotel itself. But that's not to say the hotel itself isn't okay - it is. It's just not your five star modern swish london style hotel. It's all you could want for a base, it's clean and comfortable, and very much affordable.
We had a few drinks in the bar - but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't pricey. 2 pints were just under £10 and 2 shots were £10 also. Definately cheaper elsewhere on the complex. We found a bar doing the same shot as above for £2 each!
Breakfast is definately worth a mention - spot on, couldn't fault it. Lots to chose from and all freshly cooked & layed out nicely. This was the highlight if our stay !!

All in all, this hotel is comfortable, clean and very good value for money, topped off with outstanding customer service - I would stay here again.

Dear loobeylou

Thank you for your great comments with regards to the service you received here at the Holiday Inn Basildon. I am pleased that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and were made to feel welcome throughout your stay.

I do hope we will see you back at the hotel soon

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We only stayed one night and really as a base to attend a local event. However for the little time spent there, we experienced good customer service. The hotel and room were smart, clean and tidy and had all the facilities we needed.

On arrival we were dealt with quickly and some goodies given out to the children (nice gesture). Staff were helpful and attentive with all questions and queries.

The morning breakfast was the usual fare, but met our expectations and there's a nice balcony to sit outside if the weather is good. Checkout was again painless.

On the whole a good hotel which meets all of the criteria required in this segment of the market.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teewas

Dear Teewas

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that your children were well looked after too. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you choose to stay with us again and perhaps have more time to enjoy the services of the hotel than you did previously.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The check in was swift. Went to the room to drop our bags before heading out. Wife went to the toilet and behold, the floor was covered in pubic hair. We complained to staff before we left the hotel. When we got back to the room a very quick clean had been done but there were still a lot left on the floor. Other points to note, the carpets were thread bear and the grout on the floor tiles was filthy...which didn't add to the overall affect of the floor. The whole place is run down and lacking in staff. I think the bouncer on the door on our return to the hotel was the icing on the cake. Never stayed in a hotel that needed a bouncer before!

Room Tip: Dump. Stay at the travel lodge. Or in the bins around the back
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear melandjules

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Basildon. I am very sorry that your stay was not to our usual standard and that we failled to rectify the problem having been informed of it by yourself.

I will contact you seperatley to discuss the issues you had in more detail and to see if there is anything we can do to help change the poor impression you have of us here at Basildon.

In the meantime - thank you for your comments

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having not stayed at the hotel I feel I cannot comment of the rooms... However, I have had breakfast at the hotel on several occasions and feel it alone is very worthy of comment.

The breakfast consists of a full English with a choice of sausages, and eggs. The bacon is cooked very well as is all the other items from beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. The kitchen staff constantly inspect the food shelves for spillages and burning of food stuffs, and the serving staff are polite and courteous.

There are a variety of juices and cereals also available.

My only one complaint is price, which I found steep compared to other establishments on Festival Leisure Park, but have said that there isn't a place within 30 miles of them that can compare to their standards for breakfast.

Room Tip: The window view seats are perfect in the summer months. but views are gloomy in the winter...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Usuzumiishi

Dear Usuzumiishi

Thank you for your great comments with regards to our breakfast. As you know, we have recently upgraded our breakfast offering and now include fresh pancakes, daily specials and speciality coffee's in the price.

I look forward to seeing you back for breakfast soon

Regards

Kevin Coombes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basildon
Premier Inn Basildon (East Mayne) Hotel
7 mi away
The Oysterfleet Hotel
The Oysterfleet Hotel
#1 of 2 in Canvey Island

Been to Holiday Inn Basildon? Share your experiences!