“An excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roseleigh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Roseleigh
Ranked #2 of 40 Buxton B&B and Inns
“An excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends for a weekend in Buxton. The hotel is very comfortable, clean and welcoming. The staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast was very good. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would stay again if I visited Buxton again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Sevenoaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at Roseleigh as part of a group for 3 nights in April.Our bedroom was excellent with a lovely view over the park and pond with a traffic free walk so that the nights were quiet.The breakfast was good with a 'Full English' on the menu along with porridge and cereals as an alternative or indeed with the cooked breakfast as well as the usual juices, toast and tea/coffee.
The hotel is a convenient walking distance to the town centre of Buxton with various restaurant options.Also the Buxton Opera House is in the town centre and puts on plays and musicals to a high standard.
It should be pointed out that Roseleigh is a B&B and has no bar or restaurant.
The owners are very helpful and are happy to book tables at the various eateries and give good advice on the local amenities.
My wife and I enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay again.
Well recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the park if possible.There are non en-suite rooms with shared bathrooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed a while back & have been meaning to write this review for ages!! Was having a couple of days away with friends & wish I was going back to the Roseleigh again tomorrow. Can't recommend it highly enough, the rooms were lovely (had a peek at several others of friends in the group), in fact I was so relaxed in the room that I wouldn't have minded if we weren't going out! Buxton lovely, hadn't visited before but now want to fulfil two dreams in one, going back & staying in one of the rooms with bay window at the front, overlooking the park, curling up in one of the armchairs with a good book & just being cosy plus being able to stay a little longer so that I have chance to explore more of Buxton. Can only agree with other reviews, soooo comfortable beds, everything spotlessly clean, great hosts, loved the signature breakfast cereal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PONTEFRACT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

3rd stay in Buxton, over the last couple of years and this is the best hotel we have stayed in by far. Perfect location, overlooking the Pavillion Gardens/Lake. The bed was amazing, most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and actually enquired about the mattress. I am now going to purchase one!!
The owners are very welcoming and well informed of the areas around and only too pleased to give you any help or advice.
Lovely breakfast and the place is spotless clean.
We will definitely be going back soon.

Julie and Dave from Yorkshire

Room Tip: A lakeside view would be a bonus, our room didn't have this view but was still lovely.
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Roseleigh this weekend, as I was attending a wedding... what a lovely little find. My room, was a perfect little single room with a large bathroom a few steps away. The view over the duck pond was lovely and I was woken both mornings by the ducks :-) The breakfast was delicious and the service was impeccable... really friendly and welcoming. I'll definitely make a point of visiting again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Creweunited Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

the wife and i stayed at the roseleigh for the chess weekend 15-17 march which i hasten to add i won the section i was in, so i was a happy bunny.
On arrival at this lovely hotel we had a really warm welcome from gerard, one of the owners. He was really helpful with getting me my bairings as to where we were and where i was playing.
The room we booked was overlooking the park, room number 4,It was a superb room really clean and spacious i could have sold our house and moved in we had everything we needed and the bed was soooooooooo comfy.
The breakfast was superb loads of choice not just your typical full english.
The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble . a superb place a must for anyone visiting Buxton .
A big thankyou for making us feel at home and a massive thankyou to one of the staff who waved like mad at me as i walked past the hotel ,only i could do something like that ,once i am out of the door i need a sat nav !!
The wife and i highly recommend this hotel, we shall be back and not just for the chess congress

Room Tip: number 4 overlooking the park
1 Thank beemermanCrewe
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here on Saturday the 23rd and can truly say myself and my girlfriend loved the roseleigh very much! The lovely owners Gerard and Maggi and very welcoming and so helpful, especially with information on Buxton and very interesting history! Managed to take many nice photos, had a fantastic room (no. 6) very great price for everything we got in a fantastic and high standard of room! beats any hotel I have stayed in! breakfast was first class, staff extremely friendly and helpful. we will be returning soon and will make the roseleigh our place of choice to stay in Buxton.

Massive thank you to Gerard for his help on Saturday.