All reviews groupon deal evening meal town centre pavilion gardens family run hotel cracking breakfast opera house bar meals lovely break recommend this hotel minute walk go ape visiting buxton twin bedded room enjoyed our stay friendly hotel solomon's temple
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

This is by far the best Groupon deal we have done so far .The family run hotel is superb the food was better than we have had in a 5star hotel . The staff are great and nothing is too much trouble.The hotel occupies a great spot and a few minutes walk gets you into the town centre.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Oh thank you I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much.

Reviewed February 10, 2017

We have just returned from the hotel having stayed on a two nights Groupon deal. Whilst the hotel could do with refreshing the decor and furniture that would be our only negative. The staff are so friendly and are a real credit to the establishment. The food is fine and the breakfasts are very good. I asked for soft boiled eggs and they were perfect, not always the case in many hotels! Our room was clean and warm.
The hotel is quite close to the shops and there is a lovely park across the road. Parking wasn't a problem.

Overall we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2017

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I can agree that refreshing is necessary, and indeed underway when time allows all new carpets in the public areas are being laid.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

After quite a drive, from Yorkshire I was sceptical when I arrived. after unloading the car and proceeding to check in my thoughts changed in an instant. we were greeted by an extremely polite and friendly chap on the reception, who checked us in and showed us to our room. The room was clean and tidy. Warm and homely and was kitted out with the amenities that are required when staying away. we stayed on a dinner, bed & breakfast tariff. The evening meal was fantastic and the breakfast was even better. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful nothing was a problem. Over all an extremely warm, friendly, relaxing stay. I would most definitely recommend The Alison Park Hotel to anyone.

Room tip: our room was 104 it was quiet and a good size
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed one night at the hotel, booking two rooms for two couples and a baby. The staff were welcoming and helpful at all times. The rooms were clean and comfortable but in need of an update. One ensuite had a small shower while the other room only had a bath. Best to ask if you have a preference.
We pre-booked dinner and enjoyed a very good 3 course meal from a varied traditional English menu. We all had sirloin steak which was cooked perfectly despite 4 different requests for how well done. Wine was reasonably priced and plenty to choose from. Breakfast was cooked to order and very enjoyable. Again the staff were helpful and friendly.
The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, just a ten minute stroll along the edge of the park to the main square and opera house. Free parking in the grounds.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank dianeclincoln
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to have you here and I am glad baby's first stay away went well - he (and indeed you all) were a pleasure to have here at the hotel.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

The Alison Park is a small hotel, very well situated across a lovely park from the centre of Buxton. It is very convenient if you don't mind a pleasant ten minute walk to the town centre. It was my first stay in this very attractive town. Our room cost ninety pounds for the night which was plenty - it was clear lots of people go here on special Groupon deals which make it much cheaper. I think the room, even including an excellent and well-served breakfast, is on the pricey side as it was very clean, but quite basic. The bed is good, though. Dinner was okay, quite basic again and not expensive. My roast lamb was very nice but everyone else had sea bass and it was small and served with inappropriate vegetables (green beans and roast potatoes). There is a friendly little bar. Even though our waitress was a novice, it's a long time since I have had such disinterested, useless service in a restaurant. So the Alison Park is fine for a middling hotel and run by a very nice family. Just try to get yourself a price deal! If I had paid less it would have got another star.

Room tip: Not sure what Groupon is, but get it!!!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Thank you, I am glad you (in the main) enjoyed yor stay. I am sorry about the service in the restaurant - we find ourselves with some very new inexperienced staff at the moment which we are endeavouring to train up to standard, however they lack of experience should not come across as disinterested. I can only apologise for that and assure you that that will be addressed.