“Just how I like It”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Just how I like It”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went here a few weeks back and had a great meal, served by attentive and polite staff. Comfy welcoming atmosphere. Be visiting again soon

Buxton, United Kingdom
“Valentine's meal disaster”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Arrived in Buxton late so stopped at this restaurant as it looked like it had tables available. We were told it was a set menu. No choice of starter - just 'vegetarian' - which turned out to be onion bhaji's so was OK. The main course was 'chicken or lamb curry - hot, medium or mild'. No vegetarian option, so we opted for chicken medium. When I saw some bright red dish arrive at the next table, I was praying that we wouldn't get the same dish - the colour totally put me off. Ours arrived and was a medium brown sauce with chicken - seemed like no other ingredients! Totally bland, tasteleess, not in the least spicy and tasting like no other Indian meal I've ever had. Could have sworn it was a frozen meal from Morrison's. Wine was also vitually undrinkable. Waiter seemed flustered, and was rushing us, even though the place was half empty. Maybe this was just a bad Valentine's day fixed menu with the expectation that the restaurant would be busy, which it wasn't. Has definitely put me off from going back. As we were paying the bill, a pizza delivery guy arrived - says it all, really!

1 Thank angela c
Philippines
“D' Holman @ "Buxton" ( 11. 2. 14 ) BRILLIANT !!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Enjoyed the food very much & Wot a wonderful evening/night we had to have a meal @ d Amanis Restaurant in Buxton. I'm so glad that I booked to have a meal for my husband's BIRTHDAY. We're all pleased & impressed with d L♥vely atmosphere &d food . Well Done you guyz @Amani, you've done more than I've asked for, even better... Thank You so much & God Bless you more .

1 Thank 21Chaz
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were staying in Biggin by Hartington for a weekend and decided to head to Buxton to find a good curry. We ordered at the restaurant and waited as it cooked. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We took the food back to our cottage and were very happy with our meal.The food looked good, smelt fab and tasted amazing. I would recommend this place if you want a very tasty curry.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Laura H
Whitehaven, Cumbria, England
“Great food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

4 of us ate here on a quiet and wet Wednesday night.

Food was excellent, though the curry portions themselves were not big.

Service very good. The ambiance / décor is tasteful.

£30 a head for poppadoms / starter / curry, nan and rice / couple of beers and several sides between us.

Note - make sure you have cash as they are still waiting for their card machine.