“Lovely”

Le Brasserie de la Cour
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Buxton
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Midlands, England
“Lovely”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food here is beautiful and there is always something out of the ordinary. Although they have the expected french dishes (snails and frogs legs) they have also served squirrel stew and bison the past couple of times I have been. The mashed potato is to die for! OK service although a little slow at times. The room is a litte strange as it is used a throughfair to the bar.

Visited February 2013

Middleton Cheney, United Kingdom
“Good place for a drink too”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Behind the restaurant is a really nice bar, set in the old vaults which creates a nice, cosy atmosphere. Good European beers available, creating that 'European experience'.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Steve S
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Almost like being in France”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Although the exterior of the building does not look particularly attractive as there is quite a lot of building work going on around it, the interior is really nice. We were advised to book our evening meal as it was Saturday. We ate at 6 p.m. and the restaurant was full. The food and service were excellent (my only problem being the onions in the lyonnaise potatoes were too well done). We were also impressed by the quality of the house wine served in 460cl bottles which meant my husband could have the red and me the white. There was a really good atmosphere so much so that several tables (us included) went to the bar area after our meal to prolong the evening a little longer. The toilets were nice too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jan T
York, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They even have live accordion music”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have known many French establishments, and this is the most thriving and popular that I have eaten in! The food is great, and the staff are very hard-working and charming. They do their very best to accommodate people who haven't reserved. The accordionist (moi, since you ask) is playing on Mar 16, Ap 13, and May 17, approx 7-10pm. French and other romantic music.
Possibly this review will be disbarred on the grounds that I have some sort of business relationship, but what I have written is objectively true, and based on many years experience of French style restaurants in the UK.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Hugh B
“Overpriced and overated”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Came here for lunch so I'm not sure if they improve drastically on a night or not.

We gave them the simple task of a couple of sandwiches with fries and two cups of tea. The service was poor, the food was poor, the tea was fine, the price was expensive.

I don't know how best to describe why it was poor apart from to say neither mine nor my partners tasted very good. Whether it was the ingredients or the combinations I couldn't tell you. It's hard to get a sandwich wrong but they managed to do it and then charged us a premium for it.

I recommend going elsewhere if you're after a spot of lunch.

• Visited June 2012
Jacques L, Manager at Le Brasserie de la Cour, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi there,

I'm sorry about your unpleasant experience with us, as a manager im not aware of what has happened I am quite shocked to see your review on here, if you had of explained to a member of our staff that you wanted to see the management because you were unhappy with something I would of been more than happy to compensate by removing it from the bill, I can assure you that all of our sandwiches are made with the highest quality ingredients and we try as a company to make sure everybody enjoys there experience with us.
we hope this will not put you off coming back.

Regards