“Beautiful!”

Griff House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 39 Buxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay as breakfast was yummy, the location very convenient and quiet and the service was truly outstanding - they quite literally went the extra mile for us! It felt as if we had been staying with friends. Thank you, we shall be back :)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank CarmenAG78

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had a one night stay with my wife and my parents for a theatre trip. Previous reviews just about cover everything there is to say.The rooms were really spacious and comfortable, very well furnished and most importantly the bed was really comfortable. The whole place was absolutely spotless.

Breakfast was excellent and the homemade muesli is really very good. we all had a really comfortable stay and i would not hesitate to recommend Griff House and will stay here again if i am in Buxton for the night. On top of all this, it was superb value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim u
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Can't rate Griff House highly enough - warm, accommodating, and lacking nothing in charm or comfort. And stunningly good value! Martin and Kathryn were both great hosts. Great breakfast too. We'll be returning!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

From booking our stay to our departure all was perfect at Griff House. Martin kindly texted us just before arrival to warn us that the bell wasn't working - very thoughtful. We arrived to a lovely welcome and Martin helped us carry our extensive luggage including our Christmas shopping up to the 2nd floor, room 8.The room was spacious warm and well furnished. It was lovely to have a bathroom with a bath for relaxing after a day's walking. Very well located for the town with the nearest pub only 5 minutes away. The breakfast was delicious with homemade meusli, granola and preserves. The cooked breakfast was excellent with all ingredients being of high quality. We had a meal at the Cheshire Cheese -good food a wide range of real ales but rather quiet so not much atmosphere. We also ate at Simply Thai where the food was delicious. All in all a great stay in an environmentally friendly B & B.

Room Tip: Room 8 on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Martin was so obliging with our check in time and very accommodating. He carried our luggage up the stairs and made sure everything was perfect. We had to leave very early on our second day there to fly back to Canada so he gave my cousins a key so that they could come in at 6 am to pick us up without waking up the house with the doorbell. It worked out very well for all. We did have one delicious breakfast there in the lovely dining room.

Room Tip: We chose a room with 2 singles for my sister and myself.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I booked Griff house for a night so we could visit Buxton. I seriously do not think we could've found anywhere nicer to stay. Very well located near to town & a lovely walk through the park.
The room we had was lovely, well decorated & spotless. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up - it was only the lure of breakfast that got me out of the bed!
The breakfast was simply excellent - I especially liked the oatcake as we struggle to buy them where I live. Homemade jams were a bonus as was the choice of 3 juices!
Everything about Griff House is well thought out and you can tell the owners really do care about you enjoying your stay.
I loved this place and hope to return - I wouldn't stay anywhere else

Oh and I fell in love with the stair carpet - simply magnificent!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Look no further if you are looking for a great B and B. Lovely room - comfy bed, fluffy towels. Whole place was spotless. Breakfast was great. 5 minute walk to town with parking on street. Couldn't fault this B and B

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple