1,221 results
All reviews leewood hotel bowling green junior suite conservatory restaurant large conservatory the main hotel town centre opera house lovely hotel peak district reception staff breakfast was excellent wedding reception short break few minutes walk evening meal enjoyable stay
Reviewed October 7, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
TheLeeWoodl, Manager at Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Reviewed October 5, 2017

My wife and I recently spent a few nights at this hotel in peaceful Buxton.
The location is very good - about 5-10 minutes walk to the Opera House - a little further to the shopping centre. The hotel is facing the cricket ground which, on an infamous day in June 1975, had snow stopping play while Derbyshire were playing Lancashire.

Our bedroom was of adequate size - recently renovated. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom had a shower within a bath - quite a steep climb. You had the option of a shower straight from the ceiling or with a hand held implement.

The dining was in a very smart conservatory - the tables were well spread out, so very peaceful. Dinner was three courses - vegetables were allocated to the particular dish, although you could choose something different if you wanted to. The only comment that I would make is that it might have been better to automatically let guests decide on vegetables when they chose their main course. Breakfast - full or continental - catered for guests with special diets by offering sugar - free jam or marmalade - which was appreciated.

And the staff - all very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
TheLeeWoodl, General Manager at Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you were not disappointed by the lack of snow on this occasion!

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Good Hotel this ..of the older fashioned variety and no worse for that, comfortable bed ..great breakfast....We had dinner there ..and it was rather good and reasonably priced too which as anyone who dines in hotels in the UK is a rarity

The hotel appears security concious but the one quibble I have is that the safe is not bolted or fastened down in anyway to a wall or cupboard and as such safes are not very heavy the possibility of a disappearing safe is not beyound the realms of possibilities..or am I just being paranoid..
All in all I enjoyed my stay at the leawood..and the safe didnt disappear..

Room Tip: Rooms in Older Hotels such as this are usually similar
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments RE the safe onto the hotel owner. We do have the main safe at reception which we are always happy to pop guests items into should they wish.

We hope to welcome you back again

Reviewed September 30, 2017

This was my fourth time to stay for a break and I found nothing to complain about but many things to sing praises of.
The meals were excellent. The staff delightful considerate and unobtrusive some even remembering my previous stays . The room was very clean and comfortable.
I hope there will be rooms available when I next need a short break.

Room Tip: Discuss when ooking
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to see you have enjoyed your visits with us, we love to welcome back return guests and really take pride in knowing many of our guests to return time after time. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Very central, not the cheapest option, but staff were without exception very helpful. Was staying in the Annex, as there was a weeding , room was of a very high standard, in an old fashioned way.
The breakfast was possibly the best I have ever had, Plenty of choice

Room Tip: Annex good if there is a wedding
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and in particular enjoyed your breakfast!