“Best curry I've ever eaten”
Review of russi - CLOSED

russi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Scotland
“Best curry I've ever eaten”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I were staying for a few days in Buxton and decided to go to Russi after seeing the reviews on TA. It was everything we expected. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and took time to explain a 'special' that was on offer that night. The meal was just fantastic, I had a chicken rogan josh and it was delightful. Other half had a chicken biryani, which is what he ALWAYS has and gave it a 9 out of 10, which is saying something for him.
Thanks for a great night to all the staff (not spoilt by the couple of mannerless yobs sitting next to us!

2 Thank annirene

“Excellent”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Excellent! Good food! Good value great service. Just perfect

buxton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Night”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Indian Food is not my favorite. But got to say about the Russi. Everything about this place is Excellent, staff they cannot be more helpful, food very good, value for your money, atmosphere brilliant. Its what you make the night & with the help of the staff we had a great night.

We will certainly going back to the RUSSI.

England
“Never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We have been going to Russi ever since it opened. The guys who run and own it (Nash and Rash) are unfailing friendly and the food is always good and very tasty, without being too greasy (why do so many Indian restaurants ladle so much ghee over the food?) I can't believe someone would write a negative review bacause the Russi delivery van overtook them, neither fair or reasonable. Give this very friendly restaurant a go, for our money it serves the best Indian food in Buxton.

1 Thank Scarlett097
“Good place to visit, so long as it's mid-week”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited with friends for a mid-week meal, was very very good, great food and good service with a sense of humour.

The food was hot, was cooked well and the portion size was decent too.

However I visited again with parents on a Saturday evening and the experience was very different. The place was crowded, every table filled which must be a glowing review in itself, however we were sat by the door and every 5 minutes a take away customer would come in or go out leaving me very cold all down one side.

Following ordering (only a main course) it took over an hour for the food to arrive.

Visited July 2011