“Wonderful house, fabulously equipped”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hurdlow Grange

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Hurdlow Grange
Ranked #6 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Buxton
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful house, fabulously equipped”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We battled our way through heavy snow to get here for a hen weekend, and it was so worth it! Paul couldn't have been more helpful in getting us through the snow to the house, and phoned us the day before our arrival to let us know that we could check in early to try and beat the snow. The house was lovely - the kitchen in particular was amazingly equipped with way more kit than you could possibly need, even to cater for 14. Plentiful enormous serving dishes, pans, baking trays etc, even a kitchen scales!
The house was beautifully furnished and immaculately clean, and super warm. I can't recommend this and any of Peak Venues other properties highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sussex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a week over Christmas for a massive family get-together and it was truly wonderful! There were 34 of us staying in all the properties except one. We shared the responsibilities out so each evening one group was in charge of food. We had a wonderful xmas dinner on xmas eve at the Royal Oak - service and food was as always spectacular. Too many boiled potatoes is the only criticism if you can call it that! Wonderful walks in the area - a very wet walk tot he Quiet Woman - what a great experience, also walked up the top of the tor and went further afield to the beautiful Lathkill Dale, Buxton and Bakewell. Great location, just want to come back again and again!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed in the Peak District quite a few times with friends and family and was told about Hurdlow Grange by a client who had spent a wonderful weekend there. Paul White (owner) met us at the cottages and informed us of the local attractions and gave us a tour of the accommodation. The cottages are generously sized with every home comfort you may need, comfortable beds, dish washer, hot showers etc. The grange is based in a beautiful part of the Peak District and is far close enough to several villages and far enough away to feel remote without actually being too remote. Close by is a beautiful old pub also owned by Paul and Justin and run by a friendly chap,called Dominic. The Royal Oak served beautiful country food that was as tasty as it was substantial. This is one of the friendliest places I have stayed and we shall definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Was there last weekend with about 40 friends.
The place is umpecable. Very well looked after. 5 very cute cottages, well decorated and furnished, good beds, bedding, kitchen with dish washer, washer machine, microwave and all the appliances. We had such a great stay and I do recommend it for all occasions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I chose this venue for my 30th birthday party with a group of about 40 friends. We hired all the venue and it couldn't have been better suited. It was nice and remote, so we felt like we weren't disturbing anyone but it was also wonderfully comfortable (great beds, showers and not stingy with the heating - very much welcomed in November!)

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LHach1982
Mawdesley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Recently had a wonderful midweek stay at Hurdlow Grange as a group of cyclists. The house was a terrific venue for us with excellent kitchen facilities and equipment to cater for up to 14 guests. The large dining room enabled us all to sit together for meals. Everyone was very satisfied with the bedroom/ensuite facilities.The Grange is well placed to explore the Peak District by car,walking and in our case, cycling.The Tissington, High Peak and Manifold trails provided scenic routes for us to link up with towns and villages of the area. We will certainly recommend to our friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were pleased to find these cottages on line and even more pleased to hear yesterday that there was space for our party of 8 on the dates we wanted. I shared several emails with the owners during the course of yesterday, the last of which said that I was very keen and would speak to the other family making up our booking during the course of the evening and confirm the next day (today). In actual fact, I telephoned once I had got home from work at 6 O'Clock last night (the call was answered by staff at the pub up the road from these properties) with my credit card in my hand to book the cottage but was told that the holiday lets were only managed during office hours so to call back this morning.
I had an email at 7.30 this morning saying that another party was about to confirm on the property I had wanted.
Had there ever been any doubt that I was wavering about the property I wouldn't mind, but I did my best to book this, had said I was going to, had actually called to do so but it seems that the owners are quite happy to gazump bookings. The email I received this morning said that bookings were taken on a "first come first served" basis. What rubbish! They could have had my money 12 hours before had they bothered to take my call. Service like this stinks. As for the promise of offering me a cancellation, keep it. I wouldn't recommend places who treat potential customers like this to anyone, let alone contemplate staying there myself..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ABrodie53
hurdlow, Owner at Hurdlow Grange, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you feel we were unfair in our booking system. We get a lot of enquiries especially at peak times - unfortunately, as explained this was our last property and at the time you were enquiring we did have others interested . They did come back to us first and we agreed a booking and they paid in full during office hours before 5.30pm. Again we are sorry you felt you had to complain and we really do try to be fair.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Premier Inn Buxton Hotel
Staden Grange
Staden Grange
#3 of 18 in Buxton
Wheeldon Trees Farm Holiday Cottages

Been to Hurdlow Grange? Share your experiences!