We only stayed for one night, so can't comment in depth. The room was fine, a double en suite at the top, which was very quiet. Although the room was a little old-fashioned, that didn't detract from the comfort, with a comfy bed, tea making facilities etc.
The breakfast room was a real treasure,with a rustic and spacious feel to it. The breakfast was well cooked and freshly delivered to the table. The staff were all warm, pleasant and helpful.
It's at the edge of the small town, so no more than 5 minutes walk from all central places.
The key question of 'would we return' is answered with a certain yes. The only minor gripe is that the hotel advertises wi-fi but it's so weak as to be non-existent both in our room, and on the ground floor breakfast area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swan at Hay is a glorious Georgian building housing 19 bedrooms. The hotel was relaunched in February 2017 following a million pound refurbishment. All 19 bedrooms and bathrooms were refurbished, as were all the public areas. Set in the heart of the world renowned 'Town of Books,' Hay-on-Wye, it is an ideal base to explore the Brecon Beacons and surrounding countryside. With a choice of 3 dining areas, visitors can choose from our hearty bar menu or more indulgent Garden Room Dinner Menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales