“Going the extra mile”

Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Hay-on-Wye
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open from 11.00 am for illy coffee and home-made cakes, Monday - Saturday. Serving Spanish influenced small dishes of home-cooked food from 12 - 3 pm and 6 - 10 pm. Sundays, open at 4 pm, serving food from then until 9.00 pm.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were staying in the area as part of a wedding celebration and I searched out Tomatitos because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed, friendly welcome, light and airy, great food. We arrived just before a party of 35 and we were ensured that it would not affect our service (which it didn't).
At the end of the meal we wanted a cappuccino but as intolerant to dairy asked if they had soya milk. Unfortunately, they didn't, but came up with a new drink. Cappuccino made with hemp milk(which they happened to have!)topped with just froth from dairy milk. It was a perfect solution...talk about going the extra mile to keep the customer satisfied. Loved it!!
Well done Tomatitos. This would be a regular haunt of ours if we lived in the area.

1  Thank NewCarrieR

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The ladies that run this place to charge as we weren't sure what to order, or how much! All I can say is order everything, because you will miss out on something if you don't. The food was excellent ad the varied tastes went down a storm with the group of guys. Little gem of a place and well worth it.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We almost walked past here as from teh outside it looks like a dark little pub but don't let that put you off as inside is light and airy. We sat in the little garden out the back. The service was good and really relaxed which is good. The great thing about this place is the food. The tapas was great, lots of it and reasonably priced too. If we are ever in the area again we will be heading back there for sure.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friend Jayne took me along to Tomatitos. We had such a treat. We were able to indulge in small glass of wine, about 125ml, so not enough to get us squiffy or unfit to drive. The food was so good and tasty, beautifully seasoned, and well presented. I loved the atmosphere, and the way the venue was presented I would recommend a visit, and only wish they were nearer to home.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been caught out by "pubs serving tapas" before, which is what this restaurant looks like from the outside.

The food was lovely and very filling (we had 5 plates plus bread) and our bill, inclusive of drinks, was less than £30.

Staff were lovely, helpful and very welcoming. I'd definitely return if I come back to Hay-on-Wye.