“Wonderful flavours”
Review of Shepherds Parlour

Shepherds Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hay-on-Wye
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: we are a coffee shop & ice cream parlous serving home-made, locally sourced scrummy things to eat alongside the artisan sheep's milk ice cream from Shepherds Ice Cream.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Fabulous ice creams with wonderful flavours. The rhubarb and ginger drew us in. We only stopped for ice cream so I can't comment on the cafe.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

me the missus and our kids couldn't believe it when we found this little gem of a place they had such a big choice of ice creams we didn't know what to have so we tried a different flavour each was a bit pricey but well worth it we will be going back

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This lovely Ice Cream bar also doubles up as a cafe, and provides a warm welcome to those who like a relaxed atmosphere and a hot drink. Whilst the range of sandwiches and cakes is limited there is defiantly no limit to the effort and passion that go into making these delicious light lunches and snacks. The brownies provide the customer a smooth sensation for their taste buds which they will savoir for the rest of their time in Hay. The coffee is also divine with real chocolate drops sprinkled on top. The interior is cool and the staff are always helpful and friendly, with the locals always being happy for a chat. But can sheep's milk make for good ice cream? you may ask. Well, I suppose you'll just have to come in and find out....

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a slice of carrot cake and my girlfriend had a slice of brownie - she said hers was delicious so I regretted my choice as the cake was very dry and to be honest it was a struggle to finish it. We probably mistimed our visit (around 4pm) as there were lots of mothers with schoolchildren running around which didn't quite make for the peaceful sit down we'd been looking for, but this isn't really the establishment's fault - more bad timing on our part really.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I visited Shepherds with my husband for tea and ice cream. It was busy but we found a table up the stairs at the back which was perfectly good. I think for everything, our bill came to about £9 which I thought was very reasonable.

I have to say, we were both thoroughly impressed by the sundaes we ordered - only about £4 each and so big I couldn't finish it all! I had the brownie sundae and the brownie pieces were gorgeous!
Would definitely recommend but maybe avoid during busier times as not a huge number of tables.