“Just what was needed”
Review of Tinto House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hay-on-Wye
Tinto House B&B
Ranked #22 of 29 Hay-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Just what was needed”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Lovely house full of interesting objects, paintings and lots of books. I appreciated the warm welcome. My twin bedded room was quiet spacious and clean and I had an excellent night's sleep followed a very good breakfast. I am looking forward to return visits as the area has so much to offer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Helen H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just had an excellent weekend here courtesy of drover cycling tours in hay on wye, who also provided a tandem and cycle route for my wife and I. The b&b is very special and certainly in keeping with the hay on wye theme. The manager Veronica was very helpful in advising re restaurants and the local area. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ozpieman
London
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tinto House is centrally located, with the river Wye flowing at the bottom of the back garden and the town's many bookshops merely a stone's throw away. It is owned by an erudite couple, who have a wealth of knowledge about the local area and can suggest some scenic routes in the Black Mountains. They are warm and welcoming and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The Garden Room looks out to the beautifully kept garden, with a delightful splash of colour. The rear end of the garden has good collection of vegetables.
The breakfast is ample and there is always a choice of fresh fruits and cereals to get you going for a day of exploration.
I stayed there for a weekend and am looking forward to the opportunity for returning to spend a few days there.

Room Tip: The Garden Room has the best view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank prodeeptadas
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here just a night in April last year. It's a very good time for me coz Karen and her husband were such a great host. They treated us well no matter where we're from. We got a yellow room on the right hand which was very lovely, clean and cozy. There're also a cute garden behind the house, but, unfortunately, we won't have chance to chill out there coz of the rain. They also had a mini gallery beside the garden which everyone can come and see not just the guest.
I loved their breakfast. You can choose what time you wanna have it, then Karen will arrange it for you on time. I could say that it's the best full English breakfast I'd ever had in my UK trip.
I'd recommend everyone to stay here in this lovely town of book. ^^

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I took my girlfriend away for a romantic weekend in Hay... Tinto House was absolutely perfect!.... In short..,.

Beautiful house.
Warm and welcoming hosts.
Super comfortable bed.
Lovely breakfasts.
Nice hot, deep bubble bath.
Lots of peace and quiet.
Luxurious.

Would be great for all ages... I'll definitely be returning.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

(We stayed in the Garden Room for 2 nights)

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank TedEdEddie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and I absolutely love John and Karen's B&B! It's so comfortable and feels like home. The place is full of antiques and John's paintings and of course being in Hay, there are books everywhere.
I also can't fault the hosts' hospitality. Both so lovely and friendly.

There is no doubt ill be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This B&B is quite out of the ordinary. It is perfectly located just near the centre of Hay. The house has wonderful original features and a gorgeous garden. We have stayed several times and all the rooms we have used are very well appointed and comfortable. We do have special dietary needs but Karen was so accommodating - she made us feel completely at ease.
John is an accomplished artist whose interesting works are hung around the house and in their adjoining gallery.
We will always stay here on our regular visits to Hay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple