“Ballyglass - a fantastic experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tipperary
Ballyglass Country House
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tipperary
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I recently stayed at Ballyglass in a group of seven, we had the most fantastic stay in this beautiful place, the hospitality was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. Ballyglass accommodated our large group, they provided tasty breakfast and dinner and accommodated our unusual schedule, assisted us with booking horse riding and gave us great advice on places to visit in County Tipperary. Ruth and family made us feel very welcome, we had a great stay, excellent value for money. I would highly recommend Ballyglass to anyone looking to visit Tipperary.

Room Tip: Ballyglass will accommodate all.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for only one night, having an evening function to go to in Tipperary town. Nothing was too much trouble for the family. They served up an early evening meal of nice fish abd chips and a quality home-made burger (locally-sourced beef) in the drawing room with no fuss and had sandwiches ready for us in the pub when we came back that night.

The pub is a converted forge just beside the big house so it has lots of old-world atmosphere and is popular with locals. The rooms in the big house are very reasonably priced, very clean and comfortable (our room had a nice view of the glen of Aherlow) and the house is beautifully decorated. Top-notch breakfast and the mother and daughter team that looked after us were warm and friendly, full of wit and funny stories. We want to go back to stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Ruth is a doll who made us all feel like family. this is the Ireland I experienced 20 years ago on my first trip, and I had wifi.....it's the old way and the best way! Thanks to the Byrnes for their gracious hospitality!
They let our large family ofnn 11 (!!!) run amuck, just like home but with brown bread and sausage to fuel us!
Bill, the pub is lovely!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have just stayed one night here = at Ballyglass Country House a short drive from Tipperary town on my 9 night circumnavigation [with hire car] of Ireland. I chose places from the Hotel and Guesthouse Guide and/or the B&B guide of Ireland by phoning ones in my price range [under/= 50 euros p/n solo traveller] chosen / phoned once I had travelled near to where I wanted to spend the night. This place was great, nb: I like best old style hotels with lots of character and this is an old grand landlord's house built 1820 [I asked] with adjacent pub that is even older. It was the quietest place I stayed in Ireland, definitely the best sleep. My twin room had tv with remote, ensuite, and there was free wireless, which worked best in the lounge downstairs. It was only a short drive from Tipperary town. It is about 5 minutes from an amazingly beautiful forest with famous walks and views. I could have stayed there for a week, and drive out from there on day trips, and not stayed anywhere else! The bar with counter meals adjacent was open, and it seemed to be the local pub with great options in meals I ate a fantastic fresh and inexpensive meal of cod and vegies. The bar was full of character, with locals playing cards. This hotel business is family run by great people who give you space or advice as you need it. The breakfast had the most choice offered anywhere, and was free [included in accommodation price] - the muesli was the only 'real' muesli offered in Ireland that had lots of bits [different than 90% oats]. Plus that fantastic 'brown bread' or 'soda bread' specialty of Ireland that I love now - a healthy brown cake like bread. This place was the best value and nicest people. Ok, enough already! I will be going back once I save my $ and return from Australia again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank BookshopCafeSeeker
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed here one night for a wedding that was on in Ballykisteen Hotel. They were booked out and glad they were as I happened apon Ballyglass House. From reading other reviews which are completly accurate, more of a B&B than hotel but excellent value for money. Friendly staff, superb breakfast, best i've had anywhere including top hotels. Didn't get to try there evening menu but if it's anything like there breakfast... i just cant say enough about it :) Very charming surroundings, perfect for any small event or gathering. Owners are very friendly, excellent nights sleep, all in very clean and comfortable room tho the decor is dated but nothing that would take away for enjoying this relaxing spot. I tried to rate it tough but very hard to knock it for anything.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank digsey
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here one night on the way to Cork. Unfortunately the restaurant and bar were closed, completing the image or more a B&B than a hotel. Its comfortable and the owners are very friendly and the breakfast was large and delicious. However the decor is dated.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachaelmai
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My Brother booked Ballyglass Country House Hotel for His daughters Christening and we decided to stay the night. I counldn't believe location when we got there truly beautiful, wonderful bar called The Forge - apparantly where an actual old forge was - food lovely, staff friendly. Good breakfast set us up for day.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank gerose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tipperary
Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel
#1 of 15 in Tipperary
Aisling Bed and Breakfast
Aisling Bed and Breakfast
#5 of 15 in Tipperary

Been to Ballyglass Country House? Share your experiences!