To start I will say that my wife and myself had a lovely night in the Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf resort. We were given a voucher for a night as a Christmas present and were expecting a lovely, modern 4 star hotel. The staff were excellent from start to finish, the food was superb and the room was immaculately clean. Unfortunately there were some basics which let this hotel down.
The furniture in the room was fresh but basic. It was more in line with a 90's travelodge than a modern 4 star. The main issue I would have though was the upkeep and maintenance. The fan in our bathroom did not work and there was a piece from the bath/shower attachment missing. This was very little really but it was the communal areas which were let down.
One of the walls in the bar (beside the tv) was damp looking with two full widths of wallpaper peeling off. It was a little shocking to see in a modern hotel. The bar was basic and much more along the lines of a golf clubhouse bar rather than a hotel facility
Again, small things like a lot of cracked tiles on the stairs let the standard down.
The leisure centre needs attention. The changing rooms were dirty looking with no mats on the tiled floor. There were only three lockers with doors and the one I did pick, when opened, the door came off in my hand. The steam room again needs urgent attention as there are at least six areas where the mosaic tiles have fallen off and need to be replaced. This is a shame because the pool and hot tub are gorgeous.
Overall a nice hotel with friendly staff and really excellent food. Needs a little modernisation and a lot more care with upkeep and basic maintenance.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains, this Resort in Tipperary is adjacent to the renowned Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction railway station and the Glen of Aherlow making Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort a perfect 4* Tipperary conference hotel and wedding venue. Situated in a picturesque location coupled with a contemporary finish a visit at 'Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel’, is a truly memorable experience and a popular choice of venue for any weddings in Tipperary. This hotel in Tipperary is just a half hour drive or short train journey from Limerick City, the ideal location for meetings and conferences with reputation as one of the finest Tipperary conference hotels, a great Tipperary golf resort with a modern spa Serenity Day Spa or a base for walking and other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballykisteen Hotel And Golf Tipperary
- Ballykisteen Hotel Tipperary