“Deplorable Service!”

Add it.
Junction One Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 33 Restaurants in Tipperary
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having recently dined at the hotel's restaurant, it is with much regret that I came away so very disappointed and a touch angry to say the least, with the service and hospitality I experienced.
One can only ask the question how the staff here came to be employed in the first place, as they exude no warmth or professionalism whatsoever in their work with the result that they create an unwelcoming and cold atmosphere that paying customers have to endure.
It's sad to think, that a hotel which is situated in the heart of Ireland, does not reflect in any way what is now sadly becoming a mythical claim - " Ireland of The Welcomes".
To be blunt about it - the waiting staff I had the misfortune to have serve me, don't deserve to have a job and whoever is responsible for employing them is totally not capable in his or her role.
This complaint is written for all those who experienced the same deplorable service, but regrettably (like many Irish) didn't bother to make a complain themselves.
The management should wake up and employ workers who do their job properly and also enjoy it!.
The service here is such a terrible advertisement for Ireland!

1  Thank Karl M
There are newer reviews for Junction One Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Aug 26 family lunch, food and service very poor.Aug 27 spoke with hotel sales,she promised to investigate and get back to me, Sept 6th emailed GM, Sept 9th wrote to GM. Still no reply. Oct 9th emailed Atlantic Hospitality , the management company, again no reply, phoned Regional Manager, Oct 22nd. He replied Oct 26th partially addressed my complaint, and offered voucher for hotel, I replied to him Oct 28th, as I lived in Kerry, a voucher for the Hotel was of no use to me, and suggested an alternative solution, and again it was ignored. How can a hotel simply ignore what the customer experienced, as bad as the food and service was, if my complaint was dealt with professionally, I could accept it, but to ignore complaints is just unforgivable, if this is how Ballykisteen Hotel provides Hospitality, I hope none of our "Gathering" visitors for 2013 go there. Very disappointed . Two family members special day was spoiled.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I attended a funeral in this hotel last night and have to say I was very disappointed. On arrival there was no one to tell us where to go.I cannot say if there was a duty manager on as none was evident. We were eventually directed to the restaurant where a 50th birthday party was on at another table. Just as the family of the dead lady arrived in the room the cake for the 50th arrived to the singing of Happy Birthday..................... There were 25 sitting at the table I was at and the waitress arrived with 3 plates of sandwiches for 25 of us, 10 minutes later they arrived with tea / coffee. 20 minutes later they arrived with 3 plates of biscuits and about 15/20 minutes later she arrived with some more sandwiches.
In short, there was no managerial leadership, the staff were headless, ran off their feet and didn't have a clue. The entire experience was a shambles.
Its easy to see that this hotel has a manolopy in the Tipperary area and it's obvious that customer service is the last thing on their mind. €5.50 for a bottle of cider, it will be a long time before they see any of my monet again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Restaurant wasn't open in the hotel the night we were staying. We were told it doesn't open on Sundays as it's not very busy then. It wasn't the end of the world as their bar was open, but we still should have been told this at the time of room booking. The menu isn't extensive but what was on offer was very good. I had the pork chops and my dining companion had the turkey and ham. We both tasted each other's meals and they were equally delicious and beautifully cooked. We pushed the boat out and had dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding and Cheesecake, both delicious again. Value was excellent, but we were very aware we were sitting at a table in the bar. The table was a bit low for eating a main meal at, and there just wasn't the same comfort as you would find in a restaurant. The service was also a bit erratic to say the least. We ordered two coffees to finish and asked that they be delivered after we’d had our dessert, but they never arrived, despite being asked by two members of staff if we wanted coffee. However, even with the hiccup at the end over the coffee, we really enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and i had a meal on Valentines weekend in Ballykisteen Hotel and i must say we were very disappointed.The menu was terrible,very bad choices and not a hint of romance on any of it.We have had nice meals there before so what a pity.My sister who had a meal there over the weekend as well was also let down by it.When you pay E40 per person you expect a good meal and good choices,especially in these times .Many other hotels were E30 and that was sufficient anywhere.The chicken was tough and unappetising and had a terrible sauce with it.We went there for Valentines Night 2 years ago and what a difference ,very romantically laid out and an excellent choice.Please make a better effort next time.