“Fine location”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

From the specials board we had smoked haddock with spinnach, new potatoes and veg. Our table gave great views out over the Severn estuary. Beer well kept. Warm welcome and prompt service. Toilets clean. Large car park.

2  Thank COSTGA

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Chepstow for years and have never been to this restaurant & I cannot believe what I've been missing out on. I went there for a meal a couple of days ago and it was fantastic. Quality home made food, great service, very relaxed and chilled atmosphere, incredible views and great value for money.
My partner and I found this restaurant to be quite romantic too.
I recommend this to every audience, this is restaurant offers a great meal.

2  Thank missmoss89
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from a very lovely evening at The Old Ferry Inn. Currently the inn is only on Tripadvisor as a hotel and not as a restaurant - however I am reviewing this as a restaurant only.
We have a Tastecard and were delighted to find that some local restaurants had signed up - The Ferry being one of them, so decided to pop in and give it a try. Best decision we've made in a while!
For starter I had the black pudding, bacon and potatoes in balsamic - not something I would normally choose, but it was absolutely delicious. Hubby had squid rings with sweet chilli - that was fantastic also. For main I had pork medallions in port and Stilton sauce with veg and new potatoes, a very lovely dish indeed. My better half had pork ribs - again not his normal choice - he's a steak man - but he was amazed at the quantity and quality of the food.
Lovely views of the Severn Bridge, and a cracking pint to boot. The staff are very friendly and chatty - a credit to the place. If we didn't live 15mins away we would almost certainly have made the effort to book a room at this lovely little Inn. We will definitely be making a return visit!