“Cold Chips and a waitress who appears to hate her job”

Two Rivers Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Chepstow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Never been here before so decided to pop in for lunch. Very polite young man welcomed us and let us choose a table. he also took our drinks order. So, very impressed so far. Sadly it was all down hill from then. The waitress in our section was far more interested in chatting to her colleagues, there was only one other couple in the entire place but we still had to actually go and walk up to catch her attention, not that her attention spam was that long. Would also add that seeing someone bare stomach hanging out from under their blouse is somewhat off-putting. When the food arrived the chis were stone cold, the chicken tepid and the so called sauces were turfy horrible. Real shame as it started so well and the chap who greeted us is bing let down by his colleagues. We won't be back anytime soon.

4  Thank someoldgit
There are newer reviews for Two Rivers Restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here for dinner as we thought it looked nice and we weren't disappointed. The food was reasonably priced and the portion sizes were good. The staff were friendly and the service was quick too. Would definitely go back.

2  Thank Kira S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A recently rebuilt pub / eatery popular with families and specialising in rottiserie chicken. I had the chilli sauce trio with it. The meal was OK with a decent portion of chicken, some soggyish potato wedges and a small singular corn on the cob. The chilli sauce added some interest with the green one being very tasty. However, on selecting the extra hot and opening the bottle both my girlfriend and I were sprayed as it practically exploded! My clothes, phone, the table and even the windows were covered in hot chilli sauce. I must admit I suspected some kind of practical joke by the kitchen staff but it could have been that the sauce was off. Either way the manager was very reasonable and gave me a discount. I have no axe to grind and will probably go back but watch out for that chilli sauce - you have been warned!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Evening meal was excellent,as was the service and the customer care from the staff. Dining alone is often uncomfortable, especially if there's a bar, but this was very pleasant. The restaurant layout provides a choice of quiet corners, smaller tables or family sized areas. There was a TV on subtitles and no blaringly loud background music. Menu choice was varied and the quality of the food very good. Service was quick.

2  Thank in_the_picture
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Called in for a late lunch place was clean and fresh the service slow but the meals were worth waiting for I had the steak which was cooked to perfection the chips were good but the peas were hard. Would I go again YES.

1  Thank c_g_dawson