“Decent food at a decent price”

Two Rivers Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Chepstow
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there for dinner, and besides the somewhat slow service, the food was pretty good and the beer was just fine as well.

There are newer reviews for Two Rivers Restaurant

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Family lunch last Sunday.A two tier option with or without dessert. We all chose the latter, so a few pence under £10 each, except for the youngster.
I was most surprised to see tables with " reserved" on them, given that my previous enquiries had met with " no reservations" response.As a diabetic, I wanted to reserve to reinforce regular and reliable eating, but this added no influence.
Youngster, he's 2 and a half, enjoyed the play area whilst we sipped drinks. The drinks order had been asked for before our behinds touched the seat, which I thought a litttle ungracious.The place is still clean and pleasant inside.
Food came, sausage , peas and waffle for youngster who ate most of it and passed no adverse comment.
Our roasts were OK to look at. The pork was lean, the beef also.Masses of vegetables arrived, boiled pots, roast pots and a trio of veg in two dishes, cabbage, swede/ carrot mash and peas. O)h, and also a dish of cauliflower.Apparently the veg supply is unlimited but 4 healthy appetites could not consume the first round.
One criticism is that the food was not served hot enough, except for the chicken which had just escaped the rotissery.This is, in part, the reason for my lower rating.
Desserts ordered were too sweet, my wife only partly eating her triffle. My apple pie was rather soggy , filling ok, pastry a little unpleasant. I did not finish it. Yes, you read it here first, me not cleaning up a plate! Another reason for my rating.
Overall, not too bad, would go again but be a little more fussy over the nosh upon arrival at the table.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had the prawn starter and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which was reasonably priced but the chicken Rotisserie was over cooked and hardly 'award winning' as advertised. The rest of the food was bland. We were sitted in the family friendly section even though we asked to sit away from this area as we were a mature couple and there was plenty of seating in the more pub like area. I won't have a meal here again as there are better places to hang out in Chepstow.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I ate here with friends on Sunday, we were only here for a snack so ordered off the light bites section of the menu. The location is not the best, its on the road down into Chepstow town, so its quite busy, when sitting outside the traffic is constant.
The service was good, we sat outside, you go inside to order but we were brought menus to our table.
The food didn’t take long to come and all orders were correct, as I mentioned we were only ordering from the light bites menu so it wasn't anything spectacular. We all enjoyed our food.
I would return here, it’s just standard pub grub if you want to grab something to eat that is ok and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped off here when starting out on our week tour of South Wales. We didn't know what to expect when driving past but it looked very new, clean and well maintained from outside. We weren't disappointed by the offer inside in terms of the clean bar and restaurant area and friendly staff. The menu was very extensive but we opted for the roast chicken dishes which is their speciality ~ pure quality, delicious and large enough portions.on our way back from our tour and en route to Bristol airport the following week, we stopped off for dinner again. Second time round, faultless and consistent. Would recommend.

1  Thank george9009