“Great !”

Ranked #4 of 14 Chepstow B&B and Inns
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Great !”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Decor spot on,modern,well planned and executed,a real touch of cosmopolitan class.I just love going there.Staff are always happy to serve and to please their customers - they have been well trained.Being a Marsden owned establishment I know you can always rely on the food and here is no exception.Choose from a traditional meal or a modern combo it is all good and reasonably priced.It's no surprise it is always full of nice people enjoying themselves.The hotel rooms themselves whist apart from the main restaurant facilities are as good as any I have seen anywhere and at at budget price with free breakfast and Wi Fi you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colin B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Newport Wales
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at The Two Rivers 08.06.13 just one night, and the week before we went there for an evening meal.
To start with the meal; it’s pub food and that’s what we expected, I know the pub is new (Dec 2012) but it look very well kept inside and out, clean and tidy and I always look clean “windows”! Toilets were nice, clean and fresh, and for a busy pub you could tell they were checked regularly by staff.
But back to the meal; I asked for a steak medium rare and another for my partner well done, the meals came out to the table together and were both as we had asked, both steaks were tender and enjoyable to eat. The eating area was busy but well organized and the waitress for our table was very attentive to our needs, drinks ect. So all in all a good experience.
Now a week later, we were staying for one night to attend a local wedding but this started at 12.00. before the hotel booking time, so on the off chance I went into the pub part and reception at 11.00 to ask can I leave the car in the car park and how late in the evening we could book in as we didn’t expect to back until late! The lady we spoke to I think her name was Helen, Said, “Parking wasn’t a problem” and checking the bookings said, “I have a room you can book in now and you won’t need to worry then” so that was sorted and we could relax. Great service and we could relax knowing it was all sorted.
The rooms are lovely well appointed, lovely bathroom & shower, there’s air-con, very comfortable beds and very quiet door closers so no noise from other guests, it also helped having the accommodation separate from the pub.
The breakfast gave us a good choice although we only wanted egg on toast, coffee and juice. There was a breakfast menu & cereals, plus fruit juices, tea & coffee, plenty on offer for a pub B&B.
I hope this helps, and if you go there you find it as welcoming as we did. John & Sue

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Two Rivers with group of friends on a walking break for 3 nights over the May Day weekend. The rooms were well appointed, lovely bathroom, aircon, excellent comfortable bed and very quiet as separate from the main pub. The breakfast was adequate although sometimes the service was a little slow. Only had one evening meal in the pub which was very good. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. This was an excellent base for a short break, although the hotel is situated about 1/2 mile from the centre of Chepstow it s an easy walk into the town. Would recommend as a base for exploring this area of the country.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My first stay in this new hotel whilst in Chepstow on a business trip. There was plenty of parking available even though the pub and restaurant were busy on a warm sunny evening. At check-in I was greeted by name and whilst this may have been a lucky guess as only one other guest due to arrive, it was a nice touch. The room was ideal layout and very comfortable, but best of all it was very clean. The bar and restaurant are in a separate building so very little noise travels to the accommodation. I found that all the staff were polite and helpful, both young and more experienced alike.
Although I was a guest due to business the hotel would make a great base if in the area on holiday with or without a family, however it is not very close to the centre of town if you wanted to walk out of an evening.
I would however suggest that the cost of a room may put some people off and was above the price I would normally pay, but if everything else is good then maybe this is worth the extra and there isn't much choice in this town anyway?

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equally good but there are some closer to the main road than others, however...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy P
N lincs
Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights in order to attend a family lunch. Room average size for overnight stays. Only one chair at built-in desk unit. Bed was very comfortable and had 2 good nights sleep with no noise from the road, although we were on the back, but this was surrounded by the car park. Quiet in the mornings until people started walking along the corridor. Very clean and of of course the venue is relatively new.
Town centre was in easy reach even though it was downhill. access to local towns via forest of dean & Wye Valley excellent. Also just on junction to 1st Severn crossing.
Breakfast included and adequate, not overfaced, but freshly cooked.
We would go back to stay. this review does not include the food in the pub.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, S.wales
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overnight stop but the food looked so good we ate there too.
The whole place looks brand new and I guess most of the staff are too.
Nevertheless service was almost perfect and seemed warm and welcoming. And the food (rotisserie chicken) tasty and well presented.
The breakfast too.
The room was more than adequate size with desk, sofa seating, LCD TV & adjustable aircon'.The bathroom was modern & spacious too.
Clothes hanging area with enough space for a short stay but no drawers.
Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stueeee
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We was approached by a young lady called laura who asked us if she could help, we asked for a table of four on Sunday 14th March around 5pm, she wasnt very approachable and she didnt really seem bothered where we sat.
We chose a table by the window as it was in a corner where me and my family could sit without getting disturbed.
We waited around about ten minutes before anyone took our drinks order, we were not informed what the soup was, what the roasts were and if they had any specials on that day.

After waiting around half hour our server who was short, with brown hair come and took our order, who seemed quite rude and didnt have qualities to be a waitress.
Oposite our table was a loud group of four old aged pentioners who was being served by a tall skinny girl with brown hair with pink streaks, she had blue nail varnish on which myself and my famiy didnt think was very professional and she had her phone out during service while talking to the customers, she seemed like she didnt have a care in the world and wasnt paying much attention to the customers around her.

Our starters were delicious - we had onion rings and bread and oils, could not fault it!

when my families mains come, my sisters burger was burnt and my mums food was cold, we did not have any table check so we did not feel the need to complain as it was supposed to be 'table service'
ontop of that, our sauces come in little pots that you get from mcdonalds, disapointed!!!
when the server came to clear out table the waitress tried to clear the whole table in one and wacked my mum in the face with a wooden board from where the burgers were served on, ad all she could do was laugh,

i was so discusted with this visit i spoke to alun who gave us a discount but we will not be returning!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family