“Many visits,never less than wonderful”
Review of Fish & Chips

Fish & Chips
Ranked #40 of 71 Restaurants in Chepstow
Cuisines: British
Description: Business sold on 5th December to new owners. No longer Weeks Fish & Chips. We wish all the best to the new owner.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Freshly cooked to order. Haddock and chips every visit. Cracking quality. Eat in or take away.
Friendly staff. What more could you ask.

1  Thank angelaqc

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's years since we have been to the chip shop in Albion Square, at one time it was pretty grim and greasy !. We were in town at tea time and couldn't resist the smell of chips as we passed. The place has been totally gutted and rebuilt inside and it is spotless. We had fish bites, chips and mushy peas with tea and bread and butter . It was all freshly cooked to order, the fish was beautifully fresh and the batter was light, the chips were fresh and not greasy and the service was excellent. Thoroughly recommended, well done Weeks !

1  Thank traveltrev
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ordered our meal by telephone 2 regular haddocks and chips
I must say when collected we took it home it was a lovely meal
One of the best fish in batter I've had for a long time
Well done to the staff

2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Used to love the fish and chips here when it was Simpson's but it was taken over 18mths ago by Weeks and it has gone really down hill.
When we went in and sat down we waited ages to b served, one customer had to go looking for the waitress.
When the food arrived, the fish was dry and really overcooked. The chips.tasted like they had been reheated.
I must say though the tea was lovely!
This place used to be nearly full at lunchtime but there was only one other sit down customer there.
Also apart from the waitress the other staff had not a smile between them.
Won't be going back I'm afraid.

1  Thank clarewBristolUk
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I don't go to the chip shop very often but the last few times I've bought food from here it hasn't been very nice. I recently bought a pie and chips and it has now put me off chip shops completely. The service was a shambles. It seemed ok when it was Simpsons - not sure what's happened but not even the fabulous smell of chips will draw me in after my last meal.

1  Thank Sue2000000