“Good food, tired decor”

Ranked #41 of 70 Restaurants in Chepstow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Looking for a meal @ 4p.m. is not always easy, but we were assured that there was a chef on duty, so no problem.

The surroundings are in need of a refurb. Rather outdated, tired decor, carpet a bit thin in places. Staff were friendly and there was free wi-fi

The food was great. We all ate from the specials board and we were well pleased with our choices.

Would eat there again.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went to the Beaufort last Friday and had very enjoyable three course meal. Really nice starter of chargrilled stuffed pepper which I thoroughly enjoyed. I then had a steak which was tender and slightly overdone as I asked for medium but didn't detract from the tastiness. For dessert I opted for strawberry Eton mess. Think my eyes were bigger than my belly, but did manage the majority. The only moan I have is there was only a choice of two steaks, fillet or ribeye, and I personally would prefer sirloin but had I not got my mind set on steak, there was an extensive choice. The service is excellent and very attentive.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Bartender very friendly--had a late night snack and nightcap with kids and DH. Very happy, wish we had eaten there more.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

A very professional and friendly welcome by the young lady on reception. Any questions were answered well. We were advised that a private function would be taking place until midnight so there might be noise. This was more than acceptable. Unfortunately, the function continued after 1am which made it a challenge to get any sleep. There is a smoking area at the back of the hotel which means that all shouting, laughing and general loud chat (beer seems to make people louder and less considerate) can be heard from the room. There was no-one at reception to offer feedback in the morning. The hotel is a historic building so creaking is to be expected, the room itself was tired though and could use some attention. Room did come with hairdryer, kettle, toiletries which was good.

1  Thank steviet1972
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Hadn't really thought of eating here but actually had a great meal. It wasn't cheap but good quality and service was pretty fast. Bar area is tired and needs a refurb but food was def good enough to make me go back!

1  Thank Lollyw1