“loved the liberty bodice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chepstow Museum

Chepstow Museum
Ranked #6 of 22 things to do in Chepstow
southampton
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“loved the liberty bodice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

delightful museum, excellent staff who are a credit to the town
well worth a visit and the liberty bodice exhibition brought many memories.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank pixSouthampton

england
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Ok I suppose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found it interesting as I was brought up in the town, moved away and returned many years later feeling nostalgic. I also remembered the museum when it was a hospital and a family member was an inpatient many years ago.

If I didn't have that connection/interest, I would have been disappointed I think.

Also I was made to feel that I had to put a comment in the visitors book and had to do a survey on the Museum. I did one, not the other. The woman behind the very small counter was right next to both pieces of paper and I got the impression she was watching like a hawk to make sure you did both. She was distracted when I left....a bit overpowering when you don't really want to get into a discussion I felt.

Young children could quite possible be bored stiff - teddies or no teddies.

Bideford, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not for the young”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I liked the building but there was a great deal of reading and not a lot to see. I would not take a child even though they are trying to encourage children by using a toy bear cupboard. Collect a companion bear to take around with you. Not a good idea unless the bear can read.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“tidy provincial museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed learning about the town, eclectic mix of exhibits and free to visit - no excuse not to drop by if you are in the area.

Newport
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Superb small museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Called in here with my grandson the other day. It was a wonderful expeieince with free admission. Lovely exhibits and very friendly and helpful staff. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank Skysurfers