“Cute...whatever the weather”

Cuisines: British
Wales
“Cute...whatever the weather”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I am not a diver, however I have been to this cafe twice having stopped on the way back from dog was.
Inside the décor is very modern, there are benches, tables and sofas. The menu is great, obviously people can stay at the dive cent overnight, so they have a great choice of food. There is also a very well stocked bar. The staff are always friendly, and service is great, both times I have visited I have enjoyed my food. On our last visit we had afternoon tea for 2.
Both times we have visited the cafe the weather has not been great, however they have a large seating area which would be lovely to sit out in the summer.

• Visited January 2013

High Wycombe
“The View, Chepstow, England”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The View is a really great little Cafe in the Diving Centre on the A48. The prices are extremely good and the choice of hot meals is something else. I had a chicken curry with both rice and chips for £5 and with tea and coffee at very reasonable prices it's definately a place to call in to even if you're not going diving. The views, the staff and the food are definately worth a high recommendation. Well done

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Janet F
“Wow what a hidden gem”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Havein poped in as a passing visitor I must say I am well impressed value is great staff are great and facility is great food was served hot and not a long wait so seems they have overcome from past comment on here I have no bad word to say just that will be going again and the kids will be goin on the zip wire when we go as that looks so much fun well done guys very nice place

Surrey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great staff, lovely views...”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I dropped in for some food and drinks after a busy weekend visiting family in the Forest of Dean.

It was a struggle to spot the site as the signage was not the greatest but found it to be a very big surprise once inside the centre. A hidden gem really is the word!

The cafe is stunning with amazing views over the water filled quarry and is a sight not to be missed, it was a hot day and was lovely to site outside on the decking looking out over the vast quarry. We wanted to order some food and enjoyed some of the wine on offer (I did as my wife ended up driving!) We had some great views of the zip wire being used which looked frightening!! Very high and fast, maybe not for me but great as a spectator sport ha ha

Food is of a very high quality and very reasonable, the staff at the site were amazing, they could not do more for us, the food was sent out in super quick time and tasted amazing! Value for money is the word for this review. huge portions, fresh tasting food and an easy going "vibe" to result in a brilliant visit for us. We both had the steak and ale pie, and could not finish the meal it was so big, but this is not a complaint! Great to have good sized portions.

We stayed for a drink after our meal and want to thank dan for his humour, local knowledge and making us feel so welcome. The girl that served us, I didn't get her name but she was a delight to be served by.

We will certanly make a return visit when we are in the area, great value, great staff, great food, great views! Could not ask for more from this "cafe" should be classed as a restaurant!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank kenttraveller123
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“A mistake should never happen”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The be service is prompt and efficent but when it comes to food orders I servely suggest eating else where breakfast was luke warm and over cooked for why was avalalibe lunch was better food but service was totals unacceptable 1hr 35 min for jacket spud and chilli due to lost they could not remember it so took the order 5 times just to get it right did not bother with dinner went for BBQ at wigwams

3 Thank Tarl G