“Typical Indian Restaurant but with higher than average service”
Review of Sitar Balti

Sitar Balti
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Chepstow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Tucked away in a corner of Chepstow in a basement wine cellar, the Sitar Balti is a small Indian Restaurant typical of what you'd expect.
If you're claustrophobic you might want to think carefully before going here as the ceilings are low and the tables close together.
That being said, the food is a high quality and the staff extremely friendly, which is what sets this place apart. You normally get a complimentary liqueur at the end of the meal, which the staff are quite happy to refill.
The prices are average.
One major thing to note: access to the restaurant is down some external steps, so this is not suitable for those with mobility issues.
We've been there a few times now and have always been made very welcome, both as a couple or a family.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The setting is really good in an old arched cellar. Food & service were "bang on" We had a great meal in a super atmosphere!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are often in Chepstow and looking for a meal before driving home after the evening rush hour. Sometimes difficult to find somewhere open at that time. This lovely Restaurant was open at about 5 45 and the waiters were just setting up .
They let us in a bit early and we ordered drinks and poppadums. These were hot and fresh and served with a lovely selection on the chutney tray. A shared starter, Chicken Chat was so tasty, and our main courses were excellent too. Add to this a lovely cellar setting and attentive, friendly polite staff,and you have the ingredients for a great Indian Restaurant. We were given complimentary liqueurs and the slices of fresh orange were a nice touch too. We had read the good reviews on Trip Advisor and are pleased to add one of our own. Thank you to all at Sitar, we will be back soon for your lovely food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This basement restaurant on the corner of the square was busy on a Friday night, a good sign. Friendly service, maybe a little slow, a very different atmosphere to the other main curry house in Chepstow.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I found myself in Chepstow on my own last week, having travelled to see my mother and having delivered her to a Choral rehearsal. Needing supper I went searching for a curry! Locating the Sitar I expected a very quiet mid-week, mid-evening experience. What a surprise! The place was humming with families and couples and I felt quite out of place being on my own, an unusual experience. In the event the staff were brilliant, finding me a table staight away and delivering a superb meal, full of fresh spices and rounded off with a complimentary Sambuco! I was even offered another upon paying my bill! I will be back as soon as I can with my wife (and mum!)