“SUPERB THANK YOU”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“SUPERB THANK YOU”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We turned up at 8.30pm on Saturday, they were busy, no problem we can have a table in 10 minutes, drinks all around, and we waited, food was pretty good, only issue was we had cold rice, because it was served on cold plates. All the other food was very good indeed, Chicken Tikka, Chaslick, Prawn Korma, we loved it. How nice at the end to receive oranges and a beautiful sambucca.I do believe that you need to sort out the ladies toilets as the tap does not work and we all had to nip into the gents to wash our hands. The portion of food was quite small and I do feel that we could have had a little bit more, we are not greedy, but these were in small dishes and we did pay over a £100 for 4. However, we thank you as we had a lovely time, and a lovely meal.

• Visited April 2013

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have recently discovered the Sitar and been a few times and are never disapointed. The staff are friendly but not overbearing food is wonderful and consistant. Intend to keep going back
as all the dishes are so very tasty.

• Visited March 2013
“Wow”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Love this places been going for a couple of year staff. rag and his team always friendly, food so tasty every dish there's a different taste. I go to a lot of Indians and this has to be my fav. spot on ;)

• Visited February 2013
glos
“Consistently superb!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars at the Sitar and this place never let's us down.
Now the restaurant and toilets have been refurbished it is pretty faultless .
All the staff are really friendly and helpful.
The food is fantastic. My personal favourite is chicken dansak. I have tried this dish at many other places but nowhere comes close.
Poppadums are always fresh which in my eyes is a good indicator of a quality Indian.
I try to vary what I have to eat here and have tried most of the dishes and the only one I didn't think was great was the Jalfrezi.
Not hot enough and not enough green chillis.
Overall this is the best Indian in the area and I will continue to be a regular customer.
The staff deserve a top rating and all the success they get!

Cwmbran
“A delicious meal in pleasent surroundings.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting the Sitar Balti and not having eaten there before I didn't quite know what to expect but I have to admit that I had one of the best Indian meals I have tasted. The waiter was extremely helpful in advising me what to have from the menu and didn't hang about bringing us our drinks and starter. The Sitar Balti is situated in what appears to be the cellar of a building and is tastefully decorated with a curved brick ceiling which, for some reason, reminded me of the Cavern Club in Liverpool only there was no smoke filling the room and The Beatles weren't playing a song at the other end of the room. I will certainly be returning.

• Visited February 2013