Booked it the night before. Great pics on the internet. Nice looking from outside, very historic looking. Inside was like a cheap and nasty city centre dive. The carpet had that stick to your feet feel. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. . .no complaints there. The room was dated but adequate. Do not expect modern although everything was there. Our room was the first door on the second floor. Shower head that didn't let the hot water run through it. Baths only I am afraid. The biggest gripe was that after we had paid. . . . . The staff told us that they had a DJ until 1am. Do not expect to sleep till its over. Banging doors, pissed up kids and thumping bass. Sounds a bit like an old man gripe. .I am not and it's all true. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George Hotel offers a warm room with a comfy bed, tea and coffee making facilities and all the rooms are en suite. We also have a bar downstairs where you can eat and drink with free WIFI. Relaxing pub Sunday to Thursday (Bank Holidays Excluded) then party atmosphere on a Friday and Saturday Night from 9pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The George Hotel Chepstow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George Chepstow Hotel Chepstow
- Hotel George Chepstow
- The George Hotel Chepstow Wales