“Very Enjoyable”

Shangri-La Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Chepstow
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open on Mondays to Thursday 5:30pm to 11:00pm Friday to Saturday 5:30pm to 11:30pm Closed on Sundays
S.Wales - UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have visited this restaurant four times. Each time the food has been superb.

The staff are always pleasant on arrival and attentive during service.

I can't recommend this place enough.

1 Thank adamclad

Caldicot
“Best of Chinese food.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I and her sister and brother-in-law revisited our favourite Chinese retaurant within our area and were again not dissapointed with the food and service both of which are beyond reproach. We had the peking duck and shared a mixed Hors D' oeuvres to start, both were very tasty. We then had individual dishes which included the special noodles which again were excellent. The meal was accompanied with a bottle of Pino Grigio Blush for the girls and we men had the draught Chinese beer which went very well with our meals.
We visit this restaurant on a regular basis and the food is always good and affordable and we would recommend it to anyone living near or visiting the area.

• Visited May 2013
“A must to visit, excellent food & fantastic service, making my sons 18th a really special night.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

A must to visit, excellent food & fantastic service, making my sons 18th a really special night. Thank you.

Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great food, worth a visit”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the the St Pierre Spa hotel over the early May Bank Holiday - I looked on-line, as I always do, to try and find a Chinese Restaurant near where we were staying. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough - it wasn't cheap (although the set meals were quite reasonably priced) but the food was fantastic - and with very generous portions!!! The sizzling fillet steak was to die for and although it was £13 was worth every penny - and it would hd e been enough for 3-4 people to share. Also try the deep fried prawns with lemon sauce - fantastically crispy and a great tart sauce - just right - their homemade satay sauce was crunchy and the best I had tasted in a long time. Also wanted to say that the owners are very lucky to have such a hardworking group of young girls working for them - I got tired just watching them - cleaning and tidying in-between serving - all of them seemed to be in tune with each other and worked very well together. Once again do give this place a try if your on the area. Although the address says its in the 'high street' - you cannot drive down it. There is a great car park about a 2 minute walk from the restaurant and its free after 18:00 - a real plus. Thanks again girls (and chef) for a great meal.

Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really friendly family service and great food, whilst this a chinese restaurant the chef is from malaysia and the food has a differnt menu.

Visited April 2013