1,647 results
All reviews golf course zest restaurant lakeside village main building leisure facilities trophy bar play golf steam room pro shop round of golf junior suite golf break lovely grounds manor house buffet style the cottages weekend break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had an AMAZING first night at St Pierre tonight! Beautiful room and stunning food at the Cast Iron bar and grill. We celebrated our 7 year anniversary and was treated by the staff with complimentary glasses of prosecco with our meal. During drinks at the bar we recieved complimentary strawberries and chocolate from bar staff Shane and supervisor Kyle. They made our meal very romantic and special! We highly reccomend the hotel and was made to feel so special.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good points, lovely setting, nice looking building from the outside , Breakfast , dinner and bars nicely laid out
Our room 114, ok but not that good

Bad points , to say the least terrible restaurant service , not enough bar staff on duty , interior of hotel dated , dinner adequate, but nothing special

My wife and I were with a party of 45 persons, staying for three nights Bed, Dinner and Breakfast
I suspect the hotel caters for the Golfing fraternity, but not the likes of myself

Would I recommend this hotel ? No Would I stay again ? No

Having stayed in or visited Marriott Hotels in mainland USA and in particular Hawaii, my wife and I expected great service , superb food and above all a feeling that we were welcome guests . We felt none of these

To some it up, get in new management

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful centre to the property with some abominable 60s extensions and a crop of more modern outbuildings (“suites”) that look like a small housing development. Our “stunning”as suite had decor from the mid 80s (photo online looked very much like our room but well air-brushed). If you like yellow anaglyta, you’ll love it. Our “picture perfect” view was obscured by windows desperately in need of cleaning and trees that would need cutting back. Breakfast was in an airless conservatory on one of the hottest days of the year. Staff were ok. Overall, nowhere near the £260 for B&B.

Date of stay: September 2019
Heidi M, Head Housekeeper at St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Twixsam,

Thank you for your feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations, in particular in regards to the overall condition and layout of the hotel and your room. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

Additionally if you would like to discuss these issues any further then please do not hesitate to let me know.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Chepstow.

Heidi Mobbs
Executive Head Housekeeper
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
heidi.mobbs@marriotthotels.com
01291 625261

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn’t actually get to stay here. Booked a ‘rest and relaxation’ package. Booked 5 weeks prior to stay which was for our anniversary. On the day of the booking we emailed the hotel to ask they book us in for dinner and the spa for a treatment as they were included in package. Booked us in for dinner - (so far so good) and then said they would forward our email to the spa who would contact us directly. No contact from the spa after a fortnight so rang and informed they are fully booked. As we were left with an expensive ‘room and dinner’ package we cancelled our stay. The hotel were unapologetic and simply stated guests should check with the restaurant and spa before booking a package. Personally I think packages shouldn’t be on sale if they couldn’t be delivered. Cancelled and booked into a more accommodating hotel. I also complained to highlight how other guests could be caught out by this difficulty and didn’t receive a response. I imagine some guests turn up and receive disappointing news on arrival, thankfully we could cancel.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Thank you Vlad and Florin for such an amazing welcome! Our 10th wedding anniversary was so special mostly because of you two! Words are not enough to describe how special we felt there!Thank you guys!