My first visit to St Piere in August 2013 was a little disappointing. The service wasn't the best during this busy period and the rooms in the main part of the hotel needs to be cleaned better; our room at the time had so much dust behind the radiators that made breathing difficult for my partner. Asthmatics beware!
Our 2nd visit just recently was almost flawless. We made a last minute booking; however that was not straight forward - the website didn't work on either of our phones so we tried to call the hotel direct (3 times) but no one answered so we had to call the main companies number to speak to an American. Thankfully that booking for straight forward.
Upon arrival we were greeted pleasantly with a smile. The girl on reception was fantastic throughout. She made our stay more pleasant. We booked the lake view room and were delighted with it. Cant fault it and it was much cleaner than the main rooms back at the hotel.
We ate at the expensive restaurant and were left disappointed with the staff and food quality. First off the waitresses are clearly inexperienced and lack social skills. They didn't know what gins they had nor did they mix my partners Martini with the mixer (which was comical). The food was way over cooked and a disappointment. However we were delighted with our room so didn't bother complaining to the staff since the receptionist was superb.
Breakfast was ok and I don't have complaints about this only a suggestion: offer a fully cooked breakfast option from fresh as other hotels do this as well as a buffi.
In the morning the same girl as the night before was again brilliant and spent time to show us other rooms as we wanted to see if this is a venue worth getting married in.
Its just the small things they need to work on here. Cleanliness throughout / friendly staff at busy times / better food quality in the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views, 400 acres of picturesque parkland and a stunning 14th century manor, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an idyllic retreat. Our resort, set in the rolling hills of South Wales, features the perfect blend of ancient architecture and modern amenities. Our elegant rooms offer luxury bedding, dedicated work space and 24-hour room service. A dream-like getaway for the body and soul, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers a fitness club, tennis courts and outdoor activities set within the rolling Welsh countryside. Enjoy the summer days overlooking our ornamental lake or while away a winter's evening resting by spectacular log fires. When ready to dine, choose from the oak-paneled, traditional Morgans Restaurant or the contemporary Zest Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott St. Pierre Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Chepstow
- Chepstow Marriott
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club Chepstow, Wales