My family and I stayed here a week ago as we were in Chepstow for a very sad and emotional family funeral I can honestly say that it is not a venue I would choose again. The grounds are absolutely stunning and when you approach the hotel along the drive you think you really have cracked it big time however although the older part of the premises is extremely beautiful and some of the staff a sheer delight, in my opinion, things go downhill from there. Yes it is a golfing venue but there are other private guests that appear to have to take second place to the vast numbers of the golfing community who are loud, discourteous and quite rude. The first evenings meal was less than satisfactory especially dessertwise - I chose champagne sorbet that needed to be served with a straw when a member of staff was questioned about the state of the dish I was informed that their freezers had broken down an issue that is nothing to do with the guest and quite honestly extremely undiplomatic, unprofessional and it should never have been served. There were a catalogue of unacceptable issues apart from the young receptionist and two of her colleagues who were as stated previously delightful, friendly, professional and sympathetic to our reason for being there. Once again in our opinion the St Pierre is overpriced for what it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views, 400 acres of picturesque parkland and a stunning 14th century manor, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club is an idyllic retreat. Our resort, set in the rolling hills of South Wales, features the perfect blend of ancient architecture and modern amenities. Our elegant rooms offer luxury bedding, dedicated work space and 24-hour room service. A dream-like getaway for the body and soul, St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers a fitness club, tennis courts and outdoor activities set within the rolling Welsh countryside. Enjoy the summer days overlooking our ornamental lake or while away a winter's evening resting by spectacular log fires. When ready to dine, choose from the oak-paneled, traditional Morgans Restaurant or the contemporary Zest Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott St. Pierre Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Chepstow
- Chepstow Marriott
- St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club Chepstow, Wales