“Excellent little B&B”

Ranked #9 of 15 Chepstow B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent little B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very comfortable place to stay and nothing was too much trouble for the owner, Sarah. I had a room with a little kitchen, which would have been really useful if I'd wanted to linger for a few days and prepare a packed lunch or an evening meal. The breakfast was very good and the views from the conservatory were really great. Plenty of off-road parking was useful too. The B&B is on a main road and I thought it would be quite noisy, which was not the case. This place allows pets, but as I'm allergic I asked for that to be considered and I was accommodated without a problem. Really good value for money and I'd probably stay again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
whitt181, Owner at Willowbrook Guesthouse Accommodation, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Just a quick note to thank you so much for your kind words and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave comments about our B&B. With very best wishes from Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay, I cannot praise enough the warm welcome and fantastically appointed room. The room's were lovely and clean, with the biggest and most comfortable bed. The views are spectacular and what a view to look at whilst having a truly scrumptious breakfast. The breakfast menu choice is superb and cooked to perfection by the host, Sarah, who really is the most genuinely friendly person you could wish to meet. We are looking forward to returning in the summer...and experiencing such warm hospitality. Thanks again for a perfect stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had the upstairs room which was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The mini kitchen in the room is a great idea and we made use of it one evening instead of going out. We had a lovely warm welcome from Sarah. We will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
whitt181, Owner at Willowbrook Guesthouse Accommodation, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi Both, Thank you so much for your kind words after your stay with us over the weekend. It means so much to me when guests take the time to say such lovely things. I'm glad you enjoyed and I very much look forward to welcoming you back next year. Very best wishes, Sarah
Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Lovely rooms, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The mini kitchen in the room is a great idea. When staying alone it is often a thought to venture out and find somewhere to eat so it was great to be able to prepare something in the comfort of the room.
Sarah was great, very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
Only a few minutes drive into the centre of Chepstow.
Would definitely recommend Willowbrook.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
whitt181, Owner at Willowbrook Guesthouse Accommodation, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for your kind words about our bed and breakfast. I'm really glad you enjoyed and if you're in the area again, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Kindest wishes, Sarah
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wow, this is an amazing guest house. Nothing is too much trouble for Sarah, she is such a friendly person - and her breakfasts are just the best so much choice and cooked to perfection - I tried your recipe for caramalised porridge this morning yum yum (I did leave out the Whiskey though!)
The decor is tasteful, clean and modern. The room was very spacious and the heating was controlable in our room. Having a kitchette was also handy, there was a 2 ring hob, microwave, toaster, Kettle and fridge which Sarah keeps topped up with fresh milk. Ideal for walking breaks as we were able to make a spot of lunch to take out with us. The views from the room are stunning - there is something relaxing about watching the cows in the field.
There is also a pub opposite whch sells good food for the evening, and another a 10 minute walk away. Just need to find another excuse to go back - sure we'll see you soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at willow brook. Sarah made me feel very welcome and served a cracking porridge breakfast with a hint off whiskey. The rooms are spacious, clean and include a small kitchenette and an en suite bathroom. I would certainly recommend willow brook to a friend.

• Stayed September 2012
Eastleigh, Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Recently stayed at the Willowbrook with my family. Had the family room which has a huge bed for me and my wife with a separate room for our son, which was superb. The room itself was very well decorated, clean and comfortable. The hosts were extremely friendly and welcoming.

I had to point out about the shower not functioning properly, (either cold or boiling hot) and I am certain this would have been rectified very quickly after our departure. Would recommend, and definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
whitt181, Owner at Willowbrook Guesthouse Accommodation, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope you enjoyed the rest of the activities you had planned for your trip. Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem with the shower. It turned out to be a broken thermostat and a new shower was fitted within the day. With very best wishes, Sarah