On Sunday 17th August 2014 my wife Diane and I planned to arrive around 5pm that date at the hotel as my cousin Carole was arriving at the hotel on a Globus coach tour of Scotland and they were to stay overnight at the hotel before the coach moved on to Scone Palace etc and Edinburgh on their last lap of their Scottish tour . We arrived just as the coach party was coming off the coach and in to the hotel . The Duty Manager was at the door welcoming everyone to the Hilton Dunkeld Hotel . My cousin and her friend from the US came off the coach and went to see their rooms and then met us downstairs . My wife and I told the Duty Manageress and her colleague who I think was Jim , the Restaurant Managers about our US relatives dining at 7pm and they thought it a good idea for us to sit together at one table as we had never met each other in our lives . A week previously I had telephoned the same hotel and spoke to a staff member Helen and she said that we would have to eat in the restaurant and my cousin and her friend from the USA would sit with the Coach party . Thankfully this did not happen and a nice gesture by the Duty Hotel Staff management to allow us to sit as a family on one table . We had our evening meal which was excellently presented and was excellent too . There were at least 2 coach parties as well as some non residents in the meal area of the hotel . We had our evening meal and we said our cheerio's as my cousin and her friend would be off the next morning reasonably early to go to Scone palace with the rest of their coach party . My cousin and her friend was very pleased to see that I wore the kilt for the occasion !
I had a look at the Leisure centre and the pool is a 17metres pool which is longer than many other hotels I've been at and they have the other facilities as mentioned on this and on their website . The view from the front of the hotel is lovely with the river passing in front of the hotel and surrounding trees etc. .
As I said the meal was excellent and the helpful and friendly management and staff in allowing us to be on one table was fabulous and very caring and an excellent gesture which we really appreciated . This is the first time we had met each other over many years of writing and emailing and really great to see the other Anderson family members in the USA .
Thank you to the Duty Manager (female) and her colleague for arranging the seating for us .
The date above the front door of the hotel is 1900 and we heard that the hotel is to have an upgrade shortly.
Thank you Duty manager (female ) and Manager ( Jim I think ) and staff for making us welcome and allowed to meet our US cousins that evening (17th Aug 2014)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate, on the banks of the River Tay in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. There lots to do both within the resort and the local area, making this a memorable getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The newly refurbished hotel has 98 guest rooms, Health Club with 17m indoor pool and spa. On the Estate, try your hand at clay pigeon shooting, quadbking or just enjoy one of the many tranquil woodland walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dunkeld House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Dunkeld House Hotel Scotland