As a local resident who previously was a regular visitor to the hotel for over a decade, noticeable recent changes indicate that the profit motive (obviously necessary) has had a damaging impact on its ambience. The hotel is situated in beautiful rural surroundings but the accommodation has become tired, the catering poor, and the small points which distinguish an up-market hotel have gone; even the weekend evening entertainment programme is disappointing. Previously weekends were occasions to look forward to but, sadly, not today. There clearly is a need to recover some of its past delights. Currently, it is not a place that one seeks to patronise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate, on the banks of the River Tay in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. There lots to do both within the resort and the local area, making this a memorable getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The newly refurbished hotel has 98 guest rooms, Health Club with 17m indoor pool and spa. On the Estate, try your hand at clay pigeon shooting, quadbking or just enjoy one of the many tranquil woodland walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunkeld House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Dunkeld House Hotel Scotland