The food in the restaurant was impressive, but a bit nouvelle cuisine with most of us adding side orders of chips and onion rings to avoid having to make a trip to Dunkeld's excellent chippy afterwards.
Nice grounds bounded by the River Tay. We used the pool, sauna and steam room as well.
I was staying with my family in order to join the Etape Caledonia, for me a 4:45 start on the Sunday morning to get to Pitlochry with time to spare for a 7:20 start on the 81 mile ride.
On leaving the room after checkin, we noticed all the power was out. When I went back later, having reported it to reception, the power was still out. I reported it again and when we went back it was working. Except for my wife's reading lamp, and the kids' telly.
By the time they came to sort that out, it was after 10p.m. The first guy couldn't sort either problem and wanted to call in the cavalry. I explained I had to get up in a few hours time, so if it was going to take more than two minutes, don't bother. A team of two arrived ten minutes later. After a bit of guddling about they sorted the kids telly, but not the reading lamp. I told them it wasn't important to us now.
I would have thought an establishment of this standard would have offered us a bit of real compensation for this trouble, but while my wife did mention all the problems and the fact I'd been kept up later than I would have liked, none was offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate, on the banks of the River Tay in the beautiful Perthshire countryside. There lots to do both within the resort and the local area, making this a memorable getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The newly refurbished hotel has 98 guest rooms, Health Club with 17m indoor pool and spa. On the Estate, try your hand at clay pigeon shooting, quadbking or just enjoy one of the many tranquil woodland walks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunkeld House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Dunkeld House Hotel Scotland